Wednesday 21 July 2010

Wednesday 21/06/2010 - Carps AC - Boyd Valley

I never worry about where I draw on this venue. However, it does concern me when the payouts are changed after the draw. Carps AC you need to be more professional than this, your support is dwindling.

I drew peg 12 and once again the wind was hammering into the peg. This is the first time I fished this peg since winning the Tuesday night pairs with Gerry Pocock (who by the way is not Jesus)coming second overall to Kevin Dicks who weighed 33lb from peg 8 . It was also the night that Dad past away at 20-15 on the 26/06/2007. It was quite erie that night as from that time on I didn't have a bite. So today I had thoughts of Dad and was determined to take some coin home in his memory. I know he watching.

Kevin Dicks had drawn peg 6 again so I was thinking that only an out and out Silvers attack would get me top coin. I set up two Ronnie rigs one for shallow and one set at 30 inches, which was full depth at five metres. This was because the water level is down at least three feet (see picture top right). I started on the full depth rig with caster hook bait over loose fed caster. I must say the wind made it very difficult for feeding and presenting, but the wire stem PB14 did its job. I caught small Ronnie’s one a bung with the odd accidental Carp in between until half hour to go when I set up a paste rig to fish at five metres. During this time I landed ten Carp and lost five foul hookers. The conditions made paste fishing very difficult – almost impossible. My sixteen Carp weighed in at 43lb dead and my 402 Ronnie’s weighed 19lb 8oz for a total of 62lb 8oz. It was very satisfying to pip Kevin Dicks by 1lb 12oz and the method feeder! So my mission for every match I fish was achieved, which is to win both the overall and the Silvers. I am pictured right picking up my winnings from organiser Colin Golding. Today was another memorable match for me.

One last word - throughout I kept an eye on Colin Golding fishing who ended up third on the day. I must say there are many local match anglers who could learn much from watching his presentation and feeding skills, which only comes from years of experience. Well done matey - I'm watching you.

Full Result:

1. Mike Nicholls 62-08-0 peg 12
2. Kev Dicks 60-12-0 peg 6
3. Colin Golding 43-14-0 peg 11
4. Bill Ferris 27-07-0 peg 2
5. Scott Lovell 20-14-0 peg 1
6. Bob Price 15-02-0 peg 4

Top Silvers:

1. Mike Nicholls 19-08-0 peg 12

2. Steve Dawson 8-12-0 peg 10
2. Kev Dicks 8-12-0 peg 6

2 comments:

Tim Ford said...

Well done Mike, a good result and a great days fishing. I'd like to see a pic of the lake 3ft down!

Silverfox Match Angling said...

Good idea Tim, so have added picture. Kev reconds it's the lowest he's seen it.