Thursday 8 July 2010

Thursday 08/07/2010 - Bathampton Over 55's - Bridge Pool

After resting for the previous Coffin Dodgers match because I had just fished six matches in seven days it was nice to be back again particularly as we were on Bridge Pool. I have fished with Colin Golding now for more than forty years and he never ceases to amaze me. I find him fascinating. I have included another short video of Colin doing the Disabled draw – see what I mean!!

Having walked around the Lake twice I fancied peg 18. However, this peg wasn’t drawn so I won’t know if my choice was right. I pulled peg 25 instead, between two good pegs back in a bay. I wasn’t disappointed as it has an unusual featured topography. Because I was back in a bay I decide to target Ronnie’s on caster and for back up a paste rig in the LH margin – that’s it. I decided to leave the Skimmers alone. However, I was soon to regret this decision as there were plenty being caught. I had made my choice and decided to stick with it. I caught small Ronnie’s and Perch for the first four hours shattering an old top set on a Carp in the process, which I subsequently pulled out of due to only having elastic to pull back on! For financial back up to the Silvers I decide to give the margin a go for Carp for the last hour and half, which I had been gently feeding with 4mm hard pellet from the start. During this time I landed eight good size Carp losing one, which must have been lightly hooked. My silvers weighed in at 15lb 10oz for third in the Silvers and my seven Carp went 63lb 4oz for a total of 78lb 14oz for second overall.

The match was one by Geoff Stones (pictured right collecting his winnings from Colin) with 121lb 12oz from peg 16. Geoff caught at 13 metres over to the island in 10 inches of water using 10mm hard banded pellet, fished over loose fed 6mm hard pellet. Geoff had a period of losing foul hookers otherwise his weight would have been much bigger.

The Silvers was won by Terry Bruton (lower pictured right with his net of decent Skimmers) with 20lb 14oz from peg 21. Terry caught on 6mm expander fished over 4mm hard pellet.

Full Result:

1. Geoff Stones 121-12-0 peg 16
2. Mike Nicholls 78-14-0 peg 25
3. Mike Turner 63-03-0 peg 29
4. Harry Muir 58-08-0 peg 8
5. Pete Phillips 49-07-0 peg 32
6. Martin Alexander 44-15-0 peg 30

Top Silvers:

1. Terry Bruton 20-14-0 peg 21
2. Harry Muir 18-04-0 peg 8
3. Mike Nicholls 15-10-0 peg 25
4. Bob Warren 15-04-0 peg 14

No comments: