Sunday 6 June 2010

Saturday 05/06/2010 - South West Super League Round Two - Viaduct Fishery

I had this video e-mailed to me and having watched it left me thinking, how right Mr Nugent is on this subject. Apparently Darren Gillman has a number of his Heavy Rock albums. I must say the interviewer looked a bit uncomfortable – Copy paste shortcut into the Address bar and watch it all through.

http://cpw.webmail.aol.com/31888-111/talktalk-5/en-gb/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=1263218834.233&folder=Sent&partId=5&saveAs=Nugent.wmv

As there wasn’t a local match I fancied fishing on Sunday I planned to have the weekend off and take the Special One out for Sunday Lunch. So when I had a phone call from Chris Hook to fish the Super League for Maver Veals on Saturday at Viaduct Fishery I jumped at it. I don’t get down to Viaduct as often as I would like, mainly due to the late started times of their opens; I don’t get home until 20:00 so don’t get to sit down with the Special One for Dinner.

The draw was at 09:00 in the Globe Hotel with a buffet style Breakfast – all you can eat for £5 (not bad when a cup of tea cost £1.50). I must say it was quality food with the added value of quantity.

Met up with Darren Gillman at Breakfast and we discussed the chances of us drawing the adjacent pegs. Unbelievably we did and by my calculations that was 2,380.5 to 1

Captain Hook did the draw and as far as I was concerned there was only one decent draw Tim (Zipper) Pallant on peg 123. Team wise I suggest they find some else to draw for them – Zipper might be good choice for starters. I was on peg 95 (Darren was on 94). Both pegs a good draw for Skimmers and luckily a pole peg as I didn't have any running line gear with me, not that Silver fish would be targeted as Carp would be the species to get maximum points. I had decided to fish two lines one at 5 metres with meat and a paste rig at 11.5 metres (you would need to breakdown the pole to fish much further). I started by feeding a few 4mm cubes of meat with a sprinkling of wetted micros at 5 metres. I then went out on the paste with a kinder pot of 6mm pellet and first put I was anticipating foul hooking a Carp. However, I fairly hooked and landed a quality 10lb Carp. I thought I was in for a good day, but other than one foul hooker I didn’t see another. I kept trying the meat line was only pestered by small fish and by half time dumped the swim. Back on the paste and a run of Skimmers to 3lb, for some reason I had a spell on loosing five Skimmers and one Tench. A majority of them were foul hooked. I think I can put this down to my feeding pattern – feeding 4 mm pellet every put in with the paste targeting the Carp. Up to this point I think Darren and I were neck and neck, both with one Carp and a few Skimmers. But Darren landed six or seven big Skimmers more than me and had another 10lb carp 10 minutes to go. I weighed in 20lb 1oz for 2 points (only beating Dave Wride) and Darren weighed 48lb (I think) for 5 points. Our section was won by Lee Edwards with 90lb from peg 97 fishing pellet waggler in to the open water. Section runner up was James Knight with 78lb (pictured right with some of his catch) from peg 90. James caught on both the pole and straight lead into the end margin – similar to Phil Cardwell last Sunday.

The match was won by Andy Power (pictured right - cool dude) with 145lb 10oz from peg 131. Andy caught shallow on both the pole and pellet waggler – feeding about 4 pints of pellet.

Team wise Maver Veals were seventh and last with me contributing to this result as much as anyone else!

Full Result:

1. Andy Power 145-10-0 peg 131
2. Gary Etheridge 109-5-0 peg 129
3. Chris Fox 104-12-0 peg 110
4. Alan Oram 94-04-0 peg 113
5. Steve Kedge 90-04-0 peg 53
6. Lee Edwards 90-0-0 peg 97

3 comments:

Chris Fox said...

The interweb won't let view your video clip, it must be hosted (or linked) via a password protected site.

Silverfox Match Angling said...

Try now.

Chris Fox said...

No, still taks me to a site that asks me to log im.