Monday 14 June 2010

Monday 14/06/2010 - Whiteacres Gold Match

Chatting before the draw we were told that if you are occupying a non Parkdean owned Caravan then you don’t qualify for a free holiday or the pint for life. However, you do get a tankard! It’s a good job none of us won the match today.


I was hoping that Twin Oaks (TO) wasn’t in today as it tends to be out and out method fishing which I don’t do (can’t). However, I drew peg 27 on TO (Lake pictured right –the angler in the far distance in red is Mark Tanner on peg 21 TO). Not that happy as the wind was blowing too hard for the pellet waggler leaving only the straight lead or method – I decided on none of these and settled for the short pole and pellet which lead to me being battered both sides. Like most of the Lakes TO has also and an influx of F1’s, so these were targeted with corn initially then soft 3mm pellet, over loose fed 4mm pellet . The margins are renowned for turning up sizable Carp in the last hour so I also set up a paste rig for the LH margin, which although was fed all match no Carp resulted – just Ronnie’s playing football. I did enjoy my match catching 70 fish with the lions share being F1’s from 4oz to 10oz for an overall weight of 30lb 5oz. As I said earlier the pegs either side of me came second and third both catching Carp to 4lb on the method feeder and some late Carp on the meat in the margins.


The match was won by Chris Davis (pictured right) with 94lb 15oz from peg 17 TO (end peg). Chris caught on the meat feeder with meat on the hook and later caught in his margin with meat. Well done matey.

Steve drew peg 11 on Acorn and everyone was pestered by quality Roach, which can be frustrating if you ain’t got casters. Steve had one Carp and a DNW. Acorn was won on the method with 35lb of small Carp.

Mark weighed 18lb 10oz. Someone I beat in my section!

I was standing by Jimmy Garside when his mate came up enquiring where the scales were. Jimmy told him Clint had just driven (Buggey) down to Acorn where he had drawn. Only problem was that Jimmy’s mate had fish the Canal instead!! How on earth didn’t he get suspicious to discover he was fishing all on his own? Apparently this is a regular occurrence up North!

Full Result:

1. Chris Davis 94-15-0 peg17 TO
2. Jimmy Garside 62-12-0 peg 29 TO
3. Dwane Seed 55-08-0 peg 25 TO
4. Matt Grant 51-02-0 peg 3 TO
5. Paul Haines 50-05-0 peg 11 TO
6. Dave Heaton 45-12-0 peg 31 TO

No comments: