Wednesday 16 June 2010

Wednesday 16/06/2010 - Whiteacres

Wednesday is out match free day so pleasure sessions were planned. However, when I got up I found the team Carp Slayers had got up at 06:30 and went slaying down to Twin Oaks on pegs 14 and 16. After breakfast I decided to find them and sure enough Mark was on the method feeder and Glenn on the pellet waggler. Both are pictured right plus a picture of Glenn’s waggler, which is much larger than the 3/8 inch maximum allowed in the general rules!! Well they both struggled and were back by midday. Mark did have a 1lb 8oz Perch on the method!!

Steve and I went down to the Canal after the F1’s and Skimmers. After trying three different rigs I settled for paste at 1 metre and caught F1’s one a bung plus 1 Skimmer until I ran out of paste. The lake is absolutely rammed with Ronnie’s and they will saturate any small bait
including hard pellet. Although the Ronnie’s attack the paste they tend to feed off the particles and leave the paste for the bigger fish – well most of the time. I find pleasure fishing pointless and boring so I went and sat with Steve and soon had him on the paste short and soon he was on one a bung.

Watching the silver Match weigh in we stumbled across the guy pictured right looks like Geoff Stones has joined the floppy hat brigade. Geoff weighed 27lb dead for second in his section.

Curry night tonight so we are all off to Newquay.





No comments: