Sunday 13 June 2010

Saturday 12/06/2010 - Whiteacres

It’s the first holiday of the year and back to Whiteacres. As Bob Gullick’s Van was booked for the week we wanted I went in search of another by contacting local match anglers, as I wanted to support them rather than booking direct with the big business Parkdean. However, as I am writing this tonight I am thinking it might be the last visit to Whiteacres for a while. I must say it’s nothing to do with fishing as far as I am concerned the fishery has been improved with a large stocking of F1’s and catchable Skimmers, I just hope Clint considers including a Silvers pool in his matches – same old, same old from the Silverfox. No, it’s to do with the obvious conflict between the Site owners – Parkdean and the independent Caravan Owners. There is noticeably plenty of disagreement between the two parties leaving their customers thinking that they are being short changed. The current issues are:


1. Linen only provided for Parkdean customers
2. The weekly cost of fishing permits are £7 more for owner booked Caravans
3. Parkdean are now charging £7 per week for owner booked caravans to eat and enter the restaurant and bar – understandable if it’s the club with the added cost of entertainment
4. After I had booked I had a special offer from Parkdean offering a Caravan for £55 cheaper

This smells of very bad management all round and needs addressing sooner rather than later.

Back to the fishing. I travelled down with Mark Tanner as Glenn wanted to fish the Carps individual league at Viaduct, plus he had some personal business on Monday so we won’t see Glenn until Tuesday morning. We left later than usual arriving at 10:30. As the England and USA World Cup match was on at 19:30 I decided to kick my heels whilst Mark (pictured right) was eager to thrash around with the waggler on Jenny’s Lake. I decided to stroll around the lakes. I found matey Bill Ferris fishing outside his Shed on Jenny’s Lake with brother Mike – both pictured top right – It’ the first time I have got a picture of Bill smiling! They bring their Mum every year to run the tea to the bank.

Mark caught around 35lb of Carp to 8lb on the pellet waggler using a Middy splashing Waggler rod – a beast of a rod.

No comments: