Wednesday 26 May 2021

Tuesday 25/05/2021 - Acorn - Costcutter - Paddocks

I've now had enough of this bloody weather and after another cold, windy and wet day I'm having Thursday off to recuperate.

Had a walk around and fancied peg 27 as I have said before it always seems to have some wind on it (pictured). However, it still remains a peg to be drawn as I was handed peg 9. A few Tench have come from this peg, so my immediately thinking was Silvers. So just two rigs Paste for late on and a 4x13 MR for the Silvers both to fish on the top set. So three top sets in the holster with one unloaded in
case something comes to mind during the match. One notable thing, plumbing around found the peg 30 inches deeper than the pegs in the high twenties and thirties, and no silt! The plummet bumped on hard ground, must be something to do with the wind and hydraulics of the fishery. Now, I have been leaving the GB at home because I found the fish appear not to like feeding on it in/over silt, so I was already thinking I was unprepared as it would have been good to try today.

I had another walk around to Dave Haines on peg 40 and have a look at his rigs. I was amazed to find he had 16 top-sets loaded up with rigs (pictured)!

Started by feeding both margins with micro for later. Fed the Silvers line with some chopped worm and caster. The wind was howling into corner

peg 11 and the rebounding tow was pushing my rig through very quick, which I was hoping would be a good thing. I soon had a foul hooked Skimmer which I must of towed into. The worm wasn't doing it for me so switched to loose fed LR's and with double on the hook I had a good first hour putting 11 lb in the net. I then had a foul hooked Carp which came off then I landed one of about 5 lb. For unknown reason/s I couldn't catch another Silver, and wasted too long trying to catch them. Won't be leaving the GB home again. I spent the last two hours in each margin with the paste rig foul hooking more fish than I landed, but increased the total to seven. Thought it would get better in the last knockings, alas not.

My silvers weighed 11lb 14oz and my seven Carp 43lb 6oz for a total of 55lb 4oz. This put me tenth, but it was a very close match and I only needed two more Carp for a pick up!

The match was won by Lester Grant (pictured with some of his catch) with 102lb 13oz from peg11. Lester caught at 9 metres shallow - 6 to 18 inches deep fishing caster over hand fed caster. I must say he fished a tidy match, must have stopped listening to Dad. 

The Silvers/Curassio's was won by Eddie Wynne (pictured with the match winner). Eddie caught long fishing maggot hook bait over kinder micro and maggot.

Result:

1. Lester Grant 102-13-0 peg 11

2. J Smith 70-0-0 peg 5

3. Ant Piekielniak 65-0-0 peg 38

Silvers:

1. Eddie Wynne 19-01-0 peg 15

2. Mike Chapman 17-15-0 peg 1

2. Bob Smith 17-15-0 peg 22

Weigh Sheets:











No comments: