Friday 25 June 2021

Thursday 24/06/2021 - Harescombe Cost Cutter - Match Lake

Due to all the Aerospace and MOD Engineers working from home I thought I would try going up the motorway via the ring road and arrived early, so went and had a scout for the new Silvers Lake which is under construction. Next turning on the left after the fishery turning and just pass the Equestrian centre. Picture right and very much work in progress. Guess it wont be used this year.

After one of Wendy's breakfast the rain started but had stopped by time we were given our pegs and stayed dry for the remainder. My peg for the day was 5. Wrong side wrong end again. At least we now have sections to fish for.

I set up the usual, but spent most of the match on the top set and after spending an hour proving that you cant use soft baits on this peg in summer, unless you want to catch micro Ronnie's, the life expectancy of a maggot is less than a second. A switch to corn to the left side margin and stayed there for the remaining four hours. I had a good run of small Carp 4 oz to 1lb and a couple of F1's. It was a bit disappointing that I couldn't catch any Skimmers though. I caught steady until the last hour and after losing a decent Carp and landing one I struggled and couldn't work out the reason, probably the feeding.

My Silvers weighed 6 lb and my Carp 22 lb 9 oz for a section winner total of 28 lb 9 oz.

The match was won by Tim Hadland (pictured right) with 47 lb 15 oz from a far bank peg. Tim caught shallow down the middle using banded 4's over loose fed 4's.

Result:

1. Tim Hadland 47-14-9 peg 21

2. Phil Auger 43-06-9 peg 8

3. Roy Liddle 35-11-0 peg 12

Sections:

Section B Martin Hook 27-04-9 peg 17

Section A Mike Nicholls 28-09-0 peg 5

Section C Nigel Phillips 33-13-9 peg 23

Weigh Sheet:












Again a close match.

Back to the White Harte with Matey Pete Greenslade who was one out if the money.

1 comment:

jock said...

hi mike i was 3rd,sections were for lesser mortals