Monday 28 June 2021

Sunday 27/06/2021 - Tony Rixon's Short Pole - Chiltern Trinity - Woodlands

I had to cancel fishing this league this year due to family commitments. However, as Podge had just thrown the towel in on Tony's leagues I replaced him today and for the last match both at Woodlands. I had heard the venue was fishing poor as is most others at the moment most probably due to the low oxygen levels - we really need some sunshine.

Went to open the back gate this morning and found my path obstructed by a 2 1/2" beast of a Moth (pictured). My Granddaughter identified it as a Privet Hawk Moth.

It's strange the number of times I have drawn next the mate I have travelled with, which happened today with me picking peg 18 and Glenn peg 21. Neither of us were happy with our draws as we thought we were the wrong end both wanting to fish peg 2 which neither of us have - yet. 

My peg is in the top RH corner set back from the main part of the lake. I didn't think it would be any good for the Silvers, but would start after them in any case. Glenn would use - well paste.

I set up the long Ronnie rig a 4x18 Jolly with a triple bulk to fish the full permitted pole length of top-set plus three barrels, a 0.3 gram paste rig and a 4x12 Roob to fish corn full length down the LH side to a small tree.

Fed the long line with GB laced with casters and chopped worm. Some corm and micro down to the tree and started loose feeding the caster. Started on the Ronnie rig with single caster and had a few 2-3 oz Ronnie's, but with Glenn having three accidental Skimmers and with me not catching small fish quick enough I had a go over the Skimmer line with a whole worm on the hook it took a while to catch one but it was a decent one - almost a Bream. I had to 1 lb Skimmers before moving back on the Ronnie rig and foul hooked a Carp which came off. Time to try down to the tree where the margin was 4 foot and running deeper quite fast. I had a Carp first try, but couldn't catch another. So I decided to give up with the Silvers and focus on Carp. Converted the Ronnie line to paste by feeding a pot of micro and loose feeding hard 4's. No sign of Carp only shy nibblers - paste abandoned. Changed to a large worm and had another Carp whilst the worm was falling down the slope. Converted the corn line to Micro a worm hook bait and had three more quick Carp one was a right beast and took an age to land. With 20 minutes to go I hooked another large Carp which broke 0.2 GLine, on inspection it had broken on a shot., it happens. I felt this would cost me.

My Silvers weighed 10 lb and my five Carp 35 lb 14 oz for a third overall total of 45 lb 14 oz with the lost Carp costing me second spot. here seemed to be a reluctance for the fish to feed at full depth today.

The match was won by Lee Masey (pictured with the Silver winner) with 54 lb 6 oz from peg 2!! Lee caught on worm hook bait.

The Silvers was won by Ryan Shipp with 25 lb from peg 29. Ryan caught at full permitted length using worm hook bait over GB laced with Micro, worm and caster.

Happy double bubbler van going back home as Glenn picked up our section by double default. well done matey.

Result:










Weigh Sheet:

No comments: