Friday 11 June 2021

Thursday 10/06/2021 - Ray's Rip Off - Windmill Fishery - Match Lake

Ray (pictured right who needs no introduction) is running matches every two weeks on Thursday starting on 08/07/21. He is also planning a Silvers winter league. Book early with Ray to save disappointment.

Ray threw the swim cards on the ground and I picked up the nearest - peg 12 was revealed. Happy with this one.

Arrived at the peg and although the light wind was blowing down towards my end bank my particular area was sheltered by the island, with the wind blowing down each leg as per picture left. I know this peg well and have won both the Silvers and overall from it before. However, there are usually Carp boshing around on the the end of the island, but today there was no signs of them, which put me off using the waggler. There were a few small Silvers on display. So only two rigs - The Ronnie rig and a 0.3 gram paste float for the LH margin late on.

Starting on the Ronnie rig over initially neat GB with loose fed maggot over the top I started to catch Ronnie's and Rudd and the odd hand size Skimmers with single LR on a 18 - Tubertini 808 hook. It was a bite a bung. I changed the feed to GB laced with DR's and some micro for the Skimmers which worked as I had four decent ones. I must say it was really enjoyable. I Had a visit from the Fishery Manager - Brad Nelson who has been devastated due to some of his fish being stolen and is putting in CCTV, lets hope he catches the cretins. Brad does have some clues for the Police to follow up. Another visitor lunch time from matey Tim Ford. I usually fish the last two hours for Carp but decided to stay with the Silvers as although it had slowed I was still catching and enjoying. Finally with an hour left and now suffering from Ronnie fatigue decided to sit the rest of the match out on the paste. This resulted in Ten Carp to 9lb.

My Silvers weighed 25lb 13oz for the Silvers win (some quality Silvers pictured right) and my Carp 47lb 15oz for a second overall weight of 73lb 12oz. On reflection I am gals I stayed with the silvers longer than usual as Pete Turner was close with 20lb 3oz. Pete must have got an hands free kit for his Mobile.

The match was won by Mike Chapman (pictured) with 75lb 15oz from peg 14. Mike caught from both margins on his top kit with maggot over maggot. Well done matey.

Back to the "Bells" with the usual suspects which rounded off another memorable days fishing. However, I got home and found I had left a keep net on the peg and went back early the next morning to find it and it wasn't there. Hopefully Brad found it.

Result:

1. Mike Chapman 75-15-0 peg 14

2. Mike Nicholls 73-12-0 peg 12

3. Alan Jones 43-11-0 peg 10

Silvers:

1. Mike Nicholls 25-13-0 peg 11

2. Pete Turner 20-03-0 peg 19

Weigh Sheet:



No comments: