Monday 18 November 2019

Sunday - 17/11/2019 - Viaduct Silvers League - Round Four - Campbell, Carey and Lodge Lakes

On the way back home from Saturday's match I was still feeling unwell and left it with Bela that I would let him know first thing in the morning if I was going to the Silvers league next day. I went to bed early and managed a good night's sleep and felt 100% when I got up and couldn't wait to get back down Viaduct again. First stop Shipham for breakfast which went down better than last night supper.

Again arrived in plenty of time for me to have a walk around. I thought I would try something different and go and stand on my peg of choice and lay down some scent and took this picture from it looking back to the lodge. Was it to be first or second that come from it?

Mid position in the draw queue and pulled peg 115 definitely not the one of my choice - far from it, so the scenting didn't work. I didn't mind as I was feeling really good. This end of Campbell has been very poor of late plus it was a very strong section. For company I had Joe "Yorkie" McMahon on peg 116 and "The Gabe" on peg 114 and I could hear "The Trig" down on peg 111. I think once your pass 114 and opposite pegs 118 the fishing is hard, so I think there maybe justification to rethink the pegging next year and perhaps have sections across the Lake.

I set up the same as the day before and fishing 11.5 metres I was out as far a Joe fishing 16 metres because he was set back, but not as far as Gabe. I fed the same as yesterday but thought this end would be better for the Ronnie's so started for them and was very disappointed to find they weren't feeding. So out on the waggler and I would expect to catch a Ronnie first cast on double DR over caster, when that didn't happen I knew I was going to struggled. I tried the long pole line and had a couple of very small Skimmers on double DR. I then hooked a better one but it came off, on inspection and with slime up the line it was most probably foul hooked. I repeated this next put-in - bugger, I only caught a few tiny Ronnie's after this. With no hope of coin or points I made it a easy second half using the Ronnie rig catching the odd one, but couldn't really string them together. In the last hour I had four Carp on this rig- none landed however!


Time to pack up and just to unclip the keep net and  did the splits on the platform pushing my box and keep net into the Lake. Luckily Joe and Gabe came the rescue getting my now listing seat box out and netting the items that was floating. Thanks lads. As it's a league I always weigh in and found I had 3 lb 14 oz left in the net. I am sure if I added those that may have escaped I would have still been last in section! Groin strain now though.

The match was won by Paddy Curry (pictured right and right) with 25 lb 12 oz from Lodge peg 68. Paddy caught at 16 metres feeding neat GB with either caster or corn on the hook. That draw bag Stu White drew next to Paddy and was runner up. Well done matey.


Bela was also last in his section - Hero to Zero's today. We had a right laugh about the weekend on the way home which ended in Bar-Gar-Age. With all my gear soaking wet I left it out to dry - now for the stock take to see what Steve Long now owns!!

Gabe gave me some of his GB he's been using to try out - The "Gabe 2" he swears by it, but didn't give me the recipe - yet! I will try it next time out at Huntstrete. Plus my bait bag was twice as heavy going home due to all the bait donations - this is when you know it's been hard fishing.

Well done to the Long's for running another efficient match. The weigh in's are exceptionally quick.

Result:

1. Paddy Curry 25-12-0 peg 68
2. Stu White 22-07-0 peg 69 (the peg with my scent!)
3. Glenn Calvert 18-03-0 peg 78
4. Gary Webber 17-03-0 peg 130
5. Craig Edmonds 16-14-0 peg 111
6. Kev Newman 16-08-0 peg 77

Weigh Sheets:























No comments: