Sunday 29 March 2009

Sunday 29/03/2009 - Carps AC - Huntstrete Withy Pool

Prior to the draw we had a small rendition of “Happy Birthday” for Bob Price who was 71 today. I was going to record:

Bob the Bread Blanks on his Birthday”

However, one hour before the whistle Bob disappears off behind the island (pegs in the 50’s) and landed three double figure Carp on Bread.

I drew peg 42. A peg I am familiar with. I set up for pellet and Skimmers at 6 metres (the peg is only 13 metres wide), a light Ronnie rig and a margin paste rig for the Carp. I fed wet micro at 6 metres, but started on the caster. I had a good run of Ronald’s to 8oz until some bank walkers pushed the fish further out. I switched to the pellet rig. I was getting very quick bites, which indicated that the Ronnie’s were also over the pellet. No sign of the Skimmers. This line started to frustrate. It was noticeable that the Carp were not feeding either. So I decided to set up the 4 metre whip and after trying all depths found that one foot deep was the most productive and had a good run of Ronnie’s. However, the fish were lying off the feed, with only two to three Ronnie’s being caught on any one line. I must have missed hundreds of bites. I weighed 15lb for first in the Silvers and third in the match for a pick up of £45.

The match was won by Terry Bruton (pictured right with the Silvers winner) from peg 61 with a low 17lb 7oz. Terry caught on a 3 gram waggler at full depth with 8mm hard banded pellet fished over 8mm pellet. Terry fed 1 ½ pints.

Full Result:

1. Terry Bruton 17-07-0 peg 61

2. Gordon Cannings 15-14-0 peg 60
3. Mike Nicholls 15-0-0 peg 42
4. Dave Bacon 14-01-0 peg 67
5. Bill Ferris 12-03-0 peg 44
6. Darren Gillman 9-12-0 peg 47 (pictured right with a 1lb 3oz Roach from his catch)

Top Silvers:
1. Mike Nicholls 15-0-0 peg 42
2. Bill Ferris 12-03-0 peg 44

No comments: