Friday 16 July 2021

Thursday 15/07/2021 - Bathampton AA - Over 55's and Short Walks - Bridge Pool

Another newbie today, Andy Greenham (pictured right) Bathampton Team member back in the day. Well known for his river waggler fishing - always managed to sort out the Bristol Avon Chub. Will he win on his debut? He didn't, but did very well from peg 20 catching 39 lb and indeed some on the waggler. Most importantly he enjoyed himself. Nice to see him, hope work allows him back soon, hopefully with brother Rob.

Promised a hot day and that's what we got - no moaning from me.

As the draw progressed by time it was my turn my usual pegs in the 30's had all gone  - I felt at a little bit of a loss, but chirped up when I was called peg 24. This peg a few years ago was a "Silvers" run to peg but this has changed probably to do with the F1's that now live around this area. So walking to the peg decided to fish for the F1's and forget the Silvers. For company on peg 25 was Paul Barnfield and peg 21 Ray Bazeley.

Two paste rigs - 0.2 gram and 0.3 gram to fish three areas. The light rig for down the left hand margin and over to the island. The other to fish to the right. Simple. I plumbed up the three lines and on the last one had a fish take the plummet. So this decided me to start on this line with no feed just the paste. First put in had a F1 before Ray Bazeley had picked his potting kit up and a second F1 before he fed!! I kept the f1's coming from all the lines with the odd small Carp. The island reach was just over 10 metres and was stuffed with F1's, however, the bottom is very stoney and I think the paste was going in between them as I was getting loads of liners. Can't fish paste off bottom! Although I was catching well it was frustrating having to keep baiting up, plus I was running out of paste so for the last hour gave the island up in favour for a slower not so productive left hand margin and just made the paste last until last put in.

My accidental Skimmers weighed 4lb 12oz and my F1's 85lb 15oz for a match win total of 90lb 11oz. Very enjoyable match with plenty of f1's caught today.

The Silvers was won by Paul Barnfield (pictured right with the match winner) with 23lb from peg 25. Paul fished 14 metres into open water fishing mainly worm over micro. Cripes, this man loves his feeding, put more in today than I put in a month! Well done matey.

It was back to the pub with the usual suspects - pint went down really well.

Result:

A  Section:

1. Tony Ponting 62-02-0 peg 1

Silvers: Harry Muir 6-08-0 peg 4

B Section:

1. Dave Wride 66-0-0 peg 16

Silvers: Dave Poole 10-0-0 peg 15

C Section:

1. Mike Nicholls 90-11-0 peg 24

Silvers: Paul Barnfield 23-0-0 peg 25

D Section:

1. Paul Haines 73-0-0 peg 27

Silvers: Kevon Winstone 14-06-0 peg 31

Weigh Sheets:


 











No comments: