Tuesday 27 April 2021

Tuesday 27/04/2021 - Acorn Cost Cutter - Paddocks

Another try at Acorn to avoid a Bridge peg. I had a walk around and there appeared to be plenty of fish showing from 36 round to 12, with the top end looking quiet.

I couldn't believe it when Mike Chapman pulled me another bridge peg. Four consecutive bridge pegs now since lockdown ended! This time peg 40 which I think is one of the better bridge pegs. For company I had Landsender Dave Wescott on peg 38 who had plenty of room with peg 36 not drawn due to no shows. Mike had two of them today, how easy is it to text that your not coming so Mike can adjust the pegging and not be hanging around at the draw.

I had plenty of time before the all in so set up far too many rigs and for the first time my roost was half full with four top-sets. However, I was to only to catch on one which was a my current favourite a 4x13 MR. This rig was fished up to the bridge halfway along to try for the resident Tench AGAIN! Luckily I have at last found some by regularly feeding two chopped worm with DR's also chopped with twenty or so casters on top. I kept a few decent Tench to 5 lb coming steady throughout the match catching on either triple DR's or worm heads. It is usual to foul hook Tench, but managed four today, landing two in the tail (eventually). I had no Carp issues landing one F1 and a Carrasio.

My one Carp weighed 1lb 13oz and my Tench 37lb 13 oz for a Silvers win - at last! A memorable day's fishing.

The match was won by Bob Smith (pictured with the Silvers winner) with 83lb 7oz from peg 12. Bob caught over to the mud bank in 20 inches of water with banded 6mm pellet over hard 4's. Bob later came down the shelf to 3 foot with 6 mm expander to keep some decent Carp coming. Still nothing from margins around the venue it wont be long - hopefully!

Result:















Weigh Sheets:



















No comments: