Thursday 9 January 2020

Thursday 09/01/2020 - Bathampton AA - Silvers Priority and Carp - Bridge Pool

First of the Winter Silvers Priority matches kindly sponsored by Premier Angling. Thirteen of us fishing today due to a few missing for numerous reasons. So two sections with the highest Silver weight winning the section and highest Carp/Silvers weight runner up - all devised by organiser Dave Gillard.

Second into the draw bag and out comes peg 14, happy with this one as conditions allowing can be a great waggler peg, albeit F1's. Arriving at the peg and found the conditions perfect for the waggler plus it was very mild with  just enough wind. So F1's in would be then.


I set up a small feeder, a small bodied waggler and a 4x14 Winter Titan F1 to fish top-set plus four barrels. I fed the pole line with GB laced with caster, but started on the feeder and had a 2 oz Perch on the drop first cast. I then had a drop back with both pinkies missing - F1 methinks. So Feeder retired early and after feeding some LR's over I tried the pole in case there was some Skimmers about and after five small Ronnie's on the single caster I had to pick up the waggler and had an F1 first cast on single DR. After which I had a few Ronnies and that's how the day went a few F1's followed by Ronnie's. I did lose two proper Carp foul hooked landing one about 4 lb. A perfect day except for the horrendous downpour with an hour to go during which I didn't have a bite!


My Silvers weighed 4 lb 4 oz and my F1's 25 lb 9 oz for a match winning total of 29 lb 13 oz which only got me second in section.

My section was won jointly by newbie Glenn Bailey and oldie John "Cliff" Smith (pictured upper right) both with 7 lb 8 oz of Silvers made up mainly of small Roach.

Paul Clayton had the highest Silvers weight of the day from peg 30 weighing 8 lb 3 oz.

The Premier Angling tackle voucher was drawn by another newbie Kevin Winston (pictured right).

Back to the pub with the usual suspects and some newbies. Another memorable day.

Result:

Section A:
Silvers:
1. Glenn Bailey 7-08-0 peg 6
1. John Smith 7-08-0 peg 4
Carp:
Mike Nicholls 29-13-0 peg 14

Section B:
Silvers:
1. Paul Clayton 8-03-0 peg 30
Carp:
Paul Turner 21-01-0 peg 21

Weigh Sheet: Ringing wet:




No comments: