Wednesday 5 August 2015

Wednesday 05/08/2015 - Amalgamation Summer League - Round Four - Tile Lake

I was on my lonesome today for the trip to Sedges. First stop Hilltops Café where half the anglers fishing today had mustered.

The BBC weather App said no rain however, the morning forecast told a different story, and luckily the phone App was right. That said there was a right blow on the Lake from the car park and.

In to the draw bag and out comes ping-pong 32 which put me one from the far end – near bank, right in the blast of the wind. For company on peg 33 was Dave Bacon who I know would be on the method feeder. And on end peg 31 was Steve Jefferies, who I know would give a running commentary all through the match – Steve still hasn’t bought a time piece. Good job I had a watch!!

I had previously decided that I would fish for Silvers simply because I thought I would struggle to pick up coin fishing against the Method Feeder boys. So I set up the Ronnie rig and a 4x16 Jolly to fish at 7 metres out in front with worm hook bait over a mix of worm, caster, micro and some dead reds.

I started by feeding a pot of my W,C,M&M then started to feed caster short for the Ronnie’s. First put in with a piece of worm I hooked a 1lb Skimmer which came off after trying to fly. I then started to get unhittable sail away bites which I knew were Eel’s. I then hooked a monster Eel from the bite I had I knew it was in the mouth so a bite off wasn’t my concern. I had a right old tussle with it trying to get it off the bottom. Because of the depth of water I had to wind in a fair amount of elastic. Unfortunately, due partly to my bad angling and trying to rush the fish I bottomed the elastic and it broke 4lb 9oz bottom. I did just see a babies arm appear on the surface before I lost it. I am sure it was a PB, 3lb plus so I will dwell on my loss for a few days.

After this episode I couldn’t get a bite from this line so I re-fed and went on the Ronnie’s with single caster. However, they were very small averaging 11/2 oz! I was now faced with a dilemma as to whether continue catching Ronnie or try again fro the Skimmers, which I decided on and was rewarded with three 4oz Skimmers before I landed two small Carp followed by a tiny Perch. As very few Skimmers were being caught I abandoned this line and concentrated on the Ronnie’s to the end of the match.

My two Carp weighed 5lb 3oz and my Ronnie’s 16lb 5oz for a total of 21lb 8oz and Silvers win (Silvers winner pictured right with the match winner).

The match was won by Dave Bacon (pictured right with some of his catch) with 96lb 12oz from peg 33. Dave caught most of his fish on the method feeder fished well short of the opposite island using some perfumed smelling GB with 8mm jzp’s on the hook. In the latter stages Dave added addition Carp from his RH margin using worm hook bait fished over perfume GB.

Full Result:

  1. Dave Bacon 96-12-0 peg 33
  2. M Bellringer 81-13-0 peg 24
  3. Phil Coulam 79-15-0 peg 26
  4. John Osborne 78-06-0 peg 21
  5. John Smith 69-04-0 peg 40
  6. Ray Bazeley 66-02-0 peg 28
Top Silvers:

  1. Mike Nicholls 16-05-0 peg 32
  2. John Barker 13-13-0 peg 37
  3. Bill Ferris 13-09-0 peg 39
Weigh Sheets:















No comments: