Thursday 3 April 2014

Thursday 03/04/2014 - Coffin Dodgers Day Out - Emerald Fishery - Emerald Pool

The Coffin Dodgers decided to have a day out to catch some fish, so Ray Bazeley organised a match at Emerald Fishery on Emerald Pool. We met up at Hillview café before I pegged out the match for 16 of the regular Coffin Dodgers.

The match was run on the same basis as the usual CD matches with the match only costing £12.

In to the draw bucket and out comes peg 6 which was the first peg over the bridge on the far side where Tim Clarke was on the second match I fished where he framed, so happy with the peg. The peg is in a sort of corner up against the foot bridge.

I set up two identical Ronnie rigs – one full depth (four foot) and one half depth. Chose two swims one out in front for GB laced with Hemp, micro and casters. The other swim was to my right away from the bridge for lose fed caster over caster.

We had the usual warm up before the draw on Ruby Pool and caught plenty of Carp and Ronnie’s.

On the whistle I fed the GB line with an egg size helping and started lightly lose feeding caster on the RH side. Second put in with the full depth rig I hooked a Golden Tench of about 2lb. I followed this with another two Tench before pulling out of the fourth with my rig ending up in the tree. So my shallow rig was converted in a full depth rig and carried on fishing this time catching Hybrids from 4oz to a 1lb every cast. I continued feeding throughout both swims. Once the GB line slowed I switched to the caster line again at full depth and carried on catching this time including Roach from 10oz to 2lb!! Lovely Jubbly.

I kept switching between the two lines throughout the match once one line became iffy due to incorrect feeding. I basically caught regularly all match only interrupted by six small Carp two of which were Crucian’s.

My Silvers weighed 99lb 2oz for first in the Silvers (if Crucian had counted they would have put me over the Silvers ton – bugger). My six small Carp weighed 10lb 3oz for a match winning total of 109lb 3oz.

Bob Price was the only DNW only because his estimated 35lb of Silvers wouldn’t have put him in the coin.

It was an amazing match and we all left the venue happy, wet and knackered. I was surprised we didn’t lose one of us due to all the fish catching exertion.

Full Result:

  1. Mike Nicholls 109-05-0 peg 6
  2. Dave Bacon 96-0-0 peg 2
  3. John Smith 95-0-0 peg 7
  4. Rich Coles 87-06-0 peg 14
  5. John Bradford 82-05-0 peg 10
  6. Ray Bazeley 73-05-0 peg 9
Top Silvers:

  1. Mike Nicholls 99-02-0 peg 6
  2. John Smith 82-14-0 peg 7
  3. John Bradford 68-14-0 peg 10
  4. Rich Coles 64-14-0 peg 14
  5. Ray Bazeley 61-12-0 peg 9
Weight Sheet:


2 comments:

Fishingken said...

nice. well done mike

Bristol Psv said...

No Bob Warren today then?