Sunday 13 April 2014

Sunday 13/04/2014 - KP Series - Round Two - Acorn Fishery - Paddocks

I travelled again with Glenn Bailey. After a walk round paddocks with Gordon Cannings it was time for the draw, this time cycling round to C section and out comes peg 23. My first thoughts were I had drawn a bridge again. I should have known better as that was peg 22 reserved for moaning Bob Gullick “I didn’t want to draw here”!!

So one away from the bridge it was then. I had drawn Paul Lasson’s in the knock out who had drawn peg 40 so I was resigned to being knocked out today on the first round.

Peg 23 is one of the shortest to reach across at 11.5 metre out in front.

I set up a 4x12 Jolly for across and a 0.3 Silverfox PC for the paste also across. I set up a 4x16 Silverfish rig for down the track and a paste rig for the same line albeit at a different angle.

I fed the Silvers line with a small ball of GB laced with some dead reds and casters. I followed up with a few soaked 4’s over the track paste line.

My main attack today was the far bank as the forecast was for light winds; well that was how it started!! I decided to start this time on caster over caster and first put in with a single over some kindered I hooked and landed a 4lb Carp on the drop. Next put in the same result this time an 8 lb Carp, again on the drop. The swim died so I switched to micro and soft pellet which produced nought. Out with the paste over the same line and I had two more quick Carp.

The wind had gotten up making presentation and holding the pole difficult and painful. I tried the Silvers line and had a 4oz Skimmer and that was it from this line.

The upshot was the wind got stronger and colder as the match progressed and during the next five hours all I could do was hook and lose an F1. It proved to be a difficult match for me even though I tried various other lines including down to peg 24 pallet. The wind was proving just too difficult for me.

My four Carp weighed 16lb 2oz for a total of 16lb 6oz for last but one in the section. That said every cloud has a Silver lining. Amazingly I just managed to get through the knockout and Glenn Bailey although he was LAST in the entire match picked up £35 for a section Silvers by default with 3lb 7oz!!

The match was won by Dom Sullivan (pictured right with the Silvers winner) from peg 10 with 85lb 6oz. Dom caught over to the far bank using 6mm expander fished over GB and later down to peg 11 pallet again using GB feed with Dendrabena on the hook.

The Silvers was won by Paul Faiers from peg 15 with 10lb 7oz. Paul fished double Pinkie over neat GB on a far and near line. There was some loose feeding of casters.

Full Result:

  1. Dom Sullivan 85-06-0 peg 10
  2. Russ Peck 69-08-0 peg 36
  3. Tom Thick 51-13-0 peg 34
  4. Bob Gullick 51-12-0 peg 22
  5. Nigel Vigus 46-08-0 peg 38
  6. Glenn Calvert 45-0-0 peg 13
Top Silvers:

  1. Paul Faiers 10-07-0 peg 15
  2. Tom Thick 10-04-0 peg 34
  3. Bob Gullick 9-08-0 peg 22
Weigh Sheets:


























No comments: