Monday 28 April 2014

Sunday 27/04/2014 - KP Series - Round Three - Acorn Fishery - Paddocks

Travelled with Glenn Bailey today and breakfasted in the Acorn CafĂ©. There appears to be some different/new young girls cooking the breakie.

I was in A section today which is probably the fairest section but the least populated with fish! I was hoping for ant peg between 19 and 13 as the wind would be off my back. In to the draw box and out comes peg 14. Contented with the draw although the far bank was out of bounds for me because it was a section too far.

I set up two Silver rigs one 4x12 Jolly for the LH margin for caster and a 4x16 Jolly to be fished at 5 metres at 11 o clock for dead maggot over GB laced with Pinkie. In support I also set up a margin paste rig and similarly to be fished at 12 o clock at 5 metres.

On the all in I fed the GB line and fed a few wetted 4’s on the 5 metre paste line. However, I started on the caster rig in the LH margin and had s few Ronnie’s and Perch before netting a 2lb Tench. I started to miss bites which I think were either small Perch or small Ronnie’s. I then lost another Tench at the net which I almost scooped. I then followed this mishap with another lost Tench – bugger. I had a little sulk then tried the RH margin with paste which wasted half hour as I caught nowt. Back on the caster and found that this swim was producing nowt.

Out on the GB line with maggot line and as have happened previously I didn’t catch many Silvers just 4 small Skimmers with two dropping off.

With 3 hours left I spent it on the paste rig at 5 metres and caught 8 decent Carp kindering soaked 4’s after every fish. During this period the heavens opened up with torrential rain, Hail stones and thunder and lightening and continued for the rest of the match and all the way home!

My eight Carp weighed 28lb 10oz and my few Silvers 3lb 15oz for a total of  32lb 9oz. This left me 4th in section. I wish I didn’t bother with the Silvers and fished 5 metres all day. Lesson learnt – I doubt it.

I had Tom Thick in the knockout and got flattened. An opportunity missed.

The match was won by Russ Peck (pictured right with the Silvers winner) with 82lb 2oz from unfancied peg 4. Russ caught all his fish long to the far bank in 15 inches of water. Russ fished worm, soft pellet and maggot hook baits over wetted micro. Russ fed 2 pints and found pieces if worm the best hook bait.

The Silvers was won by Eddie Wynne with 12lb 4oz from peg 16. Eddie caught down the far shelf using pieces of worm over CW&C.

Full Result:

  1. Russ Peck 82-02-0 peg 4
  2. Glenn Calvert 68-12-0 peg 7
  3. Lewis Jones 61-0-0 peg 33
  4. Tom Thick 56-08-0 peg 25
  5. Dom Sullivan 47-09-0 peg 32
  6. Rob Fogg 46-04-0 peg 9
Top Silvers:

  1. Eddie Wynne 12-04-0 peg 16
  2. Paul Fairers 11-09-0 peg 34
Weigh Sheets:



















No comments: