Saturday 1 August 2009

Sunday 02/08/2009 - Carps AC - Bullocks Farm - Match Lake


Colin “Mr Pastry” Golding (pictured right with his quick release net) had his new Colmic pole ran over and completely written off in Withy Pool car park after last Wednesday’s Carps match (it’s the only way you can break these poles). Apparently, I was the prime suspect. However, I did have a good alibi; I didn’t drive that day as I had a lift from Mark Tanner! Apparently Bob “The Sleuth” Price has taken car tyre prints from Colin’s Preston Hard Case (told you Preston kit is crap they should be able to withstand a 4x4 running over them) and has been comparing it with other suspect’s tyres. Apparently Bob now has enough evidence to stand up in court.

What a change in weather – bright sun all day with light to no wind. After the usual Bullocks Farm breakfast the draw was held and I pulled peg 22 – again. I like this peg and I have not failed to win some coin from it – that is until today. Before setting up I needed to clear loads of rubbish from my peg left by anglers from the previous day. I set up for the Crucians – 4mm pellet over micro pellet – my prime target. I also set a caster rig for the inside as well as the usual margin paste rig. I started after the Crucians at 7 metres and immediately hooked and landed a 4lb Mirror. I soon followed this with two Crucians – so far so good, me thinks. I then struggled on the pellet and swapped to the caster on the same line – a couple more Crucians followed, but it was very slow. I then tried caster in the margin and had a 3lb Common. On to the paste in the RH margin and a 5 lb Mirror found itself in the net. It was very slow. Back on the caster and a huge Eel bite me off! I basically kept catching the odd fish by rotating the swims until the end. I weighed 9lb of Crucians and eight Carp for 19lb 15oz for a total of 28lb 15oz. At least I beat the Gimp off next peg 21, but only just - phew!

The match was won by Tom Thick (pictured right with a slippery Carp – I try to get Tom to look at the camera – but I have just realised he doesn’t know what a camera is) with 69lb 8oz. Tom caught on maggot over potted maggot from the opposite weed bed. Tom fed about three pints of red maggot
.
In third place was Keith Firks (pictured lower right) with 44lb 12oz from un fancied peg 12. Keith caught mostly Carp from both his RH and LH margins on corn over corn.

The Silvers was won by the "Archangel" Charlie Barnes from peg 25 with 22lb 4oz. Charlie caught on his usual caster bait fished out in front at 6 metres.


Full Result:

1. Tom Thick 69-08-0 peg 18
2. Gordon Cannings 47-0-0 peg 24
3. Keith Firks 44-12-0 peg 12
4. Shane Caswell 40 -10-0 peg 6
5. Tony Thick 39-12-0 peg 28
6. Steve Jefferies 35-06-0 peg 26

Top Silvers:

1. Charlie Barnes 22-04-0 peg 25
2. Shane Caswell 17-02-0 peg 6

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont you like gordon then ?

tony rixon,s days out said...

i would like to have drawn with the solvite gang on sydneys

tony rixon,s days out said...

why aint the pole cruncher come clean !