Wednesday 27 May 2009

Wednesday 27/05/2009 - Carps AC - Tan House Farm

My blood boiled every time I heard the very sad story of baby Peter. The judge obviously felt differently about the thugs that murdered him than I did. A sentence of five and three years is not enough. However, let’s hope we see some natural justice whilst they are banged up. Inmates remember that the cowardly thugs pulled out Peter nails, cut off the tops of his fingers and broke his back – this for starters please. How I wish I was in the same cell as these bastards. Rest in peace Peter.


Back to one of my local venues; Tan House Farm, also known as “Yate Rocks”. The owners have been cutting the grass and generally tidying the venue up (see picture right – looking up the venue). If I was a “Shed puller” that liked a bit of fishing this would be a good quite (another place you can't hear a motorway) place to spend a few days.

The weather has decided to revert back to early spring with gusting North Westerly winds and showers. The bloody wind in my face once again.

I drew peg 8 which was the first peg in to the woods. Steep narrow bank and a bit of a Parrots cage. I set up the Ronnie rig and a soft pellet/messy business rig (getting too old for the messy business). I started on the worm at 10 metres - nothing. On to the GOT pellet – nothing – Blimey I’m in trouble!  It was the Ronnie’s that save me. I caught Ronnie’s and Hybrid’s on caster steady for the rest of the match for a weight of 25lb 8oz and first in the Silvers and a pick up of £48.

The match was won by Chris Davis from end peg 10 with 47lb 4oz. Chris caught just off bottom using worm over caster and worm (the messy business).

Full Result:

1.      Chris Davis 47-04-0 peg 10
2.      Colin Golding 30-02-0 peg 1.5 (With permission Colin moved his peg)
3.      Mike Nicholls 25-08-0 peg 8
4.      Andy Curry 12-04-0 peg 9 (broke his top five)
5.      Steve Jefferies 10-0-0 peg 7
6.      Bob “The Bread” Price 7-09-0 peg 6

Top Silvers:

1.      Mike Nicholls 25-08-0 peg 8
2.      Chris Davis 24-02-0 peg 10

No comments: