Wednesday 13 May 2009

Wednesday 13/05/2009 - Carps AC - Bullocks Farm - Match Lake


As usual larger than life - Phil Simmons the fishery owner (pictured right) was there to greet us with his usual big jolly smile, which is difficult to reconcile with him being an ardent Bristol City fan and all.

After a good Bullocks Farm breakfast and a redraw, I ended up on peg 22 (my first peg was 18 - which seems to be reserved for Mike Owens). I have now drawn this peg three times, so it’s obviously a good-un. I started by fishing caster and 4mm pellet at 7 metres in to open water for the Crucians. I started well, with three straight off. Then it went iffy. I usually keep quite calm whilst fishing. However, today I got really FRUSTRATED losing six Crucians in a row. It is very difficult to know if you are foul hooking Crucians as they fight similar in either case. It took me a while to sort out what was actually going on – in fact I lost 21 before the penny dropped. My feed pattern was such that I was bringing the Crucians up in the water hence foul hooking them. So changing hooks etc… was all unnecessary. However, to keep the fish coming I was forced to keep the same feed pattern, but switched to the margin with paste during the iffy periods. I had eight small Carp from the left hand margin weighing in at 15lb 2oz and 24lb 12 oz of Crucians for a total weight of 39lb 14oz and first overall and a pick up of £40.


The Silvers was won by Dave Wride form peg 17 with 34lb 8oz. Runner up was my good friend Charlie Barnes (pictured right - the tree is holding Charlie up) with 32lb from next peg 21. Charlie caught all his fish on caster over caster.

The venue fished well once again with the top four framing positions being very close.

Full Result:

1.      Mike Nicholls 39-14-0 peg 22
2.      Dave Wride 39-12-0 peg 17
3.      Tom Thick 37-08-0 peg 8
4.      Charlie Barnes 37-04-0 peg 21
5.      Mike Owens 33-0-0 peg 18
6.      Pete Sivell 30-15-0 peg 15

Top Silvers:

1.      Dave Wride 34-08-0 peg 17
2.      Charlie Barnes 32-0-0 peg 21

No comments: