Monday 11 May 2009

Sunday 10/05/2009 - Carps AC - Sedges - Tile Lake

I have been following the MP expenses scandal with interest – we hear the main excuse is that “the system is wrong”, especially from the Ginger Gerbil. Umm, who is going to be the first MP to offer to pay their over claimed expenses back to the Treasury? No indications as of yet – but don’t hold your breath!!

It was brilliant to see Jensen Button lap Hamilton just before taking the chequered flag – four wins now.

Back to the Sedges Tile Lake for the second time this week. What a difference a few days can make. The water appeared to be clearer than Wednesday, plus the bright sunny day wasn’t going to help.


I drew peg 38. Rich Coles told me that this end of the lake hasn’t been fishing that well of late. How right he  was. The Angler on peg 39 blanked and John Bradford on peg 37 DNW’d. Although the water was clear I decided to feed some ground bait laced with casters at 8 metres. However, I started after the Ronnie’s at 4 metres with caster – no indications at all. Out on the GB line and a run of Skimmers followed on double red maggot. I had exactly 7lb of Silvers in the net when I decided to top up. I didn’t have another fish (that’s why I new I had exactly 7lb)! I pondered for a while and decided to set up the pellet waggler to fish out to one of the three big “Tits”. In no time at all I had five Carp to 3lb. I kept thrashing the waggler to the end and ended of with a total of 26lb 4oz. This put me fifth in the Silvers and fifth in the match. Dick Bull (pictured right with his 14lb 4oz Ghost Carp - yep that his smile) piped me for the section by 11oz. Where were the Ghost busters when I needed them?


The match was won by John Page (pictured right) from peg 32 with 39lb 3oz of Carp. John  fished the pellet waggler to the end of his opposite “Tit” using 10mm strawberry pellet on his haired rigged hook (it doesn't feel appropriate using the word "haired" in this instance).

The Silvers was won by Shane Caswell with 23lb 12oz from peg 36. Shane fished chopped worm over bit of potted micro pellet and chopped worm. It was notable that a number sizable Eels were caught today.

Full Result:

1.      John Page 39-03-0 peg 32
2.      Shane Caswell 37-04-0 peg 36
3.      Tom Magnell 27-12-0 peg 28
4.      Dick Bull 26-15-0 peg 40
5.      Mike Nicholls 26-04-0 peg 28
6.      Steve Jefferies 16-10-0 peg 22 

Top Silvers:

1.      Shane Caswell 23-12-0 peg 36
2.      Steve Jefferies 14-04-0 peg 22 (All Eels)
3.      Darren Gillman 14-0-0 peg 25

1 comment: