Wednesday 6 May 2009

Wednesday 06/05/2009 - Carps AC - Sedges - Tile Lake


For various reasons I can’t write about today's encounter with a Cormorant. I will say however, that at one point the Cormorant came up in front of me (3 foot away) scaring the living daylights out of both of us. It killed the fishing for about ten minutes. When you see me next ask about the whole episode. Photo right of "My kind of Bird".
There were only two payouts up for grabs today; one Silvers and one overall, so no room for error. I drew peg 28, which I was pleased with (not in a vermin corner). Chris Davis had drawn the end peg 21, so I knew the overall wasn’t up for grabs. So I had to fish for Silvers – for once!!!! The water was particularly clear and with reports of the Silvers spawning I decided to take it careful. I decided on four lines – Margin, 4 metres, and two seven metre swims – one with pellet and the other the messy business. Early on I had noticed Colin Golding catching well, netting good Skimmers; of course you always know how he is fishing as he only takes the one bait. The upshot was that Colin’s swim dried up at half time and I managed to catch up (but only just) over the full distance by swopping around the four lines. I weighed 6lb 2oz of small Carp and 32lb 8oz of Silvers for 1st in the Silvers and 38lb 10oz for 3rd overall and a pick up of £45.

Tom Thick drew next to me and packed up after 2 hours with only 1lb in the net. "Luck favours the prepared mind"


As expected Chris Davis (pictured right – with Charlie Barnes sticking out of his head still trying to catch a fish) won the match from peg 21 with 76lb of Carp on pellet fished in to the end margin at 16 metres. 
Full Result:

1.      Chris Davis 76-0-0 peg 21
2.      Bob “The Bread” Price 41-02-0 peg 27
3.      Mike Nicholls 38-10-0 peg 28
4.      Colin Golding 35-01-0 peg 23
5.      John Bennett 12-08-0 peg 21

Top Silvers:

1.      Mike Nicholls 32-08-0 peg 28
2.      Colin Golding 28-0-0 peg 23 

No comments: