Thursday 27 March 2014

Thursday 27/03/2014 - Bathampton AA Over 55's and Disabled - Bridge Pool

Today was the start of 2014 Coffin Dodgers series which is already a sell out. The first match saw us back on Bridge pool for the fourth consecutive week. After breakfast at ASDA with Bob Warren is was a drive through the back lanes to Huntstrete because of the traffic chaos being caused by the road closure due to road subsidence at Keston.

Bob and I arrived in plenty of time so walked around Bridge Pool, I definitely didn't want to draw down the far end as a biting easterly wind was blowing down this way. So in to the draw bag and out comes peg 14, one peg from where I was last week. I was happy with this because I had the wind on my back and shelter from the hill behind.

I decided to fish it the same as last week and hope for a repeat of the result as I technically won the match when combining Carp and Silvers. So it was 5 metres with GB laced with casters and some micro with Pinkie hook bait. I had five small Skimmers and one about 1 ½ lb before the swim went dead. So after re-feeding I came in closer on the caster over caster and had a couple of small Perch and Ronnie’s. However, the Ronnie’s weren't really feeding that well, plenty of bites though from very small fish that couldn't quite pull the float down. I then had a small 5lb Carp and lost a foul hooker. Back out on the 5 metre line and I had some tiny Skimmers and Ronnie’s, but wasn't adding significantly to my weight. I kept switching between the two lines during which I lost another foul hooker. I kept a few Ronnie’s coming on caster until 5 minutes before the end when I hooked and landed another small 5lb Carp.

My Silvers weighed 10lb 12oz (2oz less than last week!) and my two Carp 11lb 12oz for a total of 22lb 10oz for 5th overall and 6th in the Silvers.

Both the match and the Silvers was won by Mikes Jones (pictured right with Dave Bacon the match runner up) with 18lb 6oz of Silvers and 4 Carp for 34lb 13oz giving him a match total of 53lb 3oz. Mike caught his Silvers on maggot over GB laced with caster and maggot. His four Carp fell to 8 mm hard pellet fished over hard 4;s at 14.5 metres to the island bush.

Full Result:

  1. Mike Jones 53-03-0 peg 21
  2. Dave Bacon 51-12-0 peg 26
  3. Dave Gillard 25-03-0 peg 6
  4. Dave Poole 24-14-0 peg 30
  5. Mike Nicholls 22-10-0 peg 14
  6. Ray Bazeley 21-07-0 peg 31
Top Silvers:

  1. Mike Jones 18-06-0 peg 21
  2. Dave Gillard 16-03-0 peg 6 (Incl; 5lb 7oz Bream)
  3. Barry Fitchew 15-0-0 peg 17
Weigh Sheets:





No comments: