Saturday 16 May 2009

Sunday 17/05/2009 - Tony Rixon Float Only Individual League - Round One - Viaduct Fishery

With Bela away in Spain and Gerry Pocock down at Whiteacres I shared a lift with my local pub Landlord Martin Rayett. I have been waiting some time to travel in Martin’s lucky Red banger. I remember the first day he used it and both Martin and Shaun Townsend went off with all the loot! 
Tony’s league has 56 anglers in eight sections of seven. The league is based on the highest number of sections points – so it is very doubtful that Silvers only will win this league, but may possibly win a reasonable amount of coin.

I decided to leave it late to draw today and pulled peg 66 on Lodge. I was reasonably happy with this, even though it is an out and out Carp peg. So I set up two paste rigs – one for the right hand margin – top set and the other for 12 metres to the left up to the end peg empty pallet. I fed the right hand margin very heavy from the off with pellet, corn and caster. I started on the paste to the left with kinder potted paste and a few 4mm pellet. Within 20 seconds I had my first bite and a 4lb Carp in the net. The upshot was – a flyer Carp peg, three float repairs, three replacement hooks and fifteen Carp to 10lb for a total weight of 128lb 10oz for first overall, a pick up of £110 and that valuable section win.


Runner up was Tim Clark (pictured right in some very strange over sized clothes – Tim fell in  backwards off his pallet at the start and needed to borrow some dry clothes -  what a funny stance, water must have been cold) with 125lb 4oz from peg 116. Well done matey – it must have been that heavy initial feed!! 
The Silvers was won by Andy Lloyd from peg 123 with 46lb 3oz – has Andy taken over drawing this peg from Steve Kedge? When will it be my turn?

The full result is shown on the attached video – well it would have been if TR hadn’t "Bxxxxxk’s" it up – take a look.

Full Result:

1.      Mike Nicholls 128-10-0 peg 66
2.      Tim Clark 125-04-0 peg 116
3.      Alan Oram 110-05-0 peg 115
4.      Gary Wall 105-11-0 peg 103 (nine Carp)
5.      Shane Caswell 94-14-0 peg 114
6.      Craig "Trigger" Edmonds 94-10-0 peg 79

Top Silvers:

1.      Andy Lloyd 46-03-0 peg 123
2.      Fred Roberts 38-09-0 peg 95
3.      Phil Harding 37-07-0 peg 121
4.      Nick Collier 26-08-0 peg 112

No comments: