Tuesday 14 September 2021

Tuesday 14/09/2021 - Acorn - Widger Open Match - Specimen Lake

Travelled via the M4/M5 and had a steady drive down taking 44 minutes. I Had a look at the Specimen lake and it looked so Mediterranean like I fancied a dip - pictured.

Into the tackle shop and bought some more Preston Dura Hybrid 17 perfect for me!

Pools paid and Des Shipp did the match do's and don'ts. Definitely better at fishing matches than organising. I guess he will improve with more practice. Into the draw bag and out comes ping pong ball 21. No emotion because i didn't know where it was. Des didn't like his draw - there's a surprise.

Found my peg which was unfishable due to the trees, I couldn't lift a top set above my head. So went and saw Zoe who arrange for Adrian to come round - before and after below. Thanks matey amazed at what you did with a blunt saw.

For company the other side of the bridge on peg 22 was Paul Faires and the other side was a Carp angler whom was pegged around. 

I set up juts two rigs - a 0.3 gram RJ Nude paste float for the RH margin and a MR 4x13 to fish out in front on top set with triple LR's over Ringers Carp GB. Wherever I plumbed up it was the same depth at 5 footish give or take an inch, including the margin! I fed the margin with copious amounts of micro for the paste later, then the out in front
line with GB and DR;s. I didn't have to wait long before I was catching Widger carp to 4 oz. It was one a bung for 30 minutes before it slowed. Tried the margin with the paste and no sign. I fancied the fish had come off the bottom so spread the bulk to fish on the drop and started to feed the GB looser. This worked and caught steady. Paul was doing well and had landed what he thought was a Carp over 10 lb which had to be returned. However, it didn't look like to me so Paul brought it over and I estimated it at 8 lb 4 oz - which it was weighed at later. I tried the margin again to see if I could catch a lump, however once again to sign. Back on the top-set and caught
VERY steady 4 oz  to 8 oz Carp to the end.

I weighed 44 lb 4 oz for third overall.

The match was won by Des Shipp (who else - pictured) with 86 lb 2 oz from peg 17. Des stated on the pole with GB and maggot and after a slow start switched to the method over to the island with a small banb'um pellet, switching to method and maggot and later on the pole with maggot and GB. Well done matey nice to see you looking fit.


Loads of small carp transferred to the fisheries stock pond.

Result:

1. Des Shipp 86-02-0 peg 17
2. Paul Faires 56-09-0 peg 22
3. Mike Nicholls 44-04-0 peg 21
4. Ant P 39-01-0 peg 12
5. Dave Willmott 35-0-0 peg 16 - stiff neck
6. Darren North 30-01-0 peg 8

Weigh Sheet:









No comments: