Friday 17 September 2021

16/09/2021 - Ray's Rip Off - Windmill Fishery - Match Lake

What a beautiful autumn morning - mist and a rising sun - pictured.

Had a quick walk around the lake, surprised how coloured it was. Ray Bazeley and the lads had been out repairing and replacing some of the pallets - well done to them - but shouldn't the fishery owners being doing this?

Into the draw bag and out comes milk bottle top 18. Happy enough with this one, especially to find myself between good friends Kev Winstone peg 19 and Glenn Bailey peg 17.

After a bit of weed clearing I set up just three of my "Naked" float range, Which can can be obtained from Ryan Jordan:

The Paste Bullet:

0.2 GLine straight through. Very tough float, great for fishing in reeds with Drennan 25 elastic.


The 3 ways paste, 0. 3 gram:

Used for paste with a logarithmic shotting pattern and by adding another shot can be easily switched to fishing either corn or worm - 1 mm cane tip, carbon stem 0.3 gram, 0.2 GLine straight through.













Short Ronnie Float, 4x12:

0.16 GLine main line to 0.14 GLine 6 inch hook length.



Today all the above fished on the top set. Whilst each side of me 17 metres of pole being squeaked out.

As per usual at the moment I started by feeding out in front with a large pot of micro as a tester to what is feeding. This can produce some early big Skimmers and if so and I'm getting nibblers I switch to the Ronnie rig and get my head down for the Silvers. Today there were no signs of silvers but did foul hook a carp which came off. After an hour and no signs it was obviously fishing hard around me. I opened up the RH margin line with micro with loose fed hard 4's over the top and picked up the Ronnie rig and caught small fish with LR's over GB and loose feed, even this was slow. After an another hour I hooked a Carp which did me and the rig in the reeds. So decided to fish the last four hours on the Paste Bullet in the LH margin where the reeds were moving. First try I had a 6 lb Carp, followed quickly by another so was hoping for a productive day. There were plenty of carp in the peg but only appeared to be feeding on a falling bait. Thought about setting up a maggot rig to fish on the drop but couldn't be assed so stuck with the paste. By switching from loose feeding to kindering small amount of hard 4 's every put in tricked another seven carp to 11 lb in to the keep net. I did loose four, two by rushing and pulling too hard (bad angling) and two more foulers. I thought I had beat Kev but not Glenn who had a good start.

My silvers weighed 5 lb 6 oz and my nine carp weighed 54 lb 4 oz for third overall of total of 59 lb 10 oz, just pipping Glenn. Happy with this from the slow start.

The match was once again won by Dave "Willy" Willmott (pictured with the silvers winner) with 129 lb 11 oz from peg 11. Dave caught on 7 mm meat hook bait over loose fed meat fished at top-set plus two.

The silvers was won by Hughie Evans with 20 lb from peg 14. Hughie also caught at top set plus two on maggot fished over small amounts of GB and loose fed maggot. Well done matey.

Back to the "Ringer" with the usual suspects what a great end to a lovely day out on the bank. Does it get better than this?

Result:

1. Dave Willmott 129-11-0 peg 11

2. John Smith 86-12-0 peg 4

3. Mike Nicholls 59-10-0 peg 18

4. Bob Warren 58-13-0 peg 5

5. Pete Greenslade 53-08-0 peg 10

Silvers:

1. Hughie Evans 20-0-0 peg 14

2. Dave Willmott 17-06-0 peg 11

3. Mike Chapman 17-05-0 peg 20

Weigh Sheets:








No comments: