Tuesday 28 July 2020

Tuesday 28/07/2020 - Acorn Cost Cutter - Paddocks

I arrived early but still 4 or 5 ahead of me must be camping over night.  Met up with matey's Rich Coles and Paul Lock both from Bridgwater. They each have ten digits but mostly on one hand. Rich said the wearing of masks has been a God send in Bridgwater as it makes the local totty look half tidy.

Mike Chapman drew me peg 36 - view from pictured. I haven't drawn this for some time and appears from results it's not been producing. Arrived at the peg and it was noticeable that the wind was blowing quite hard left to right causing some decent ripple. You never know what to expect with the pegs topography so got a paste rig out and had a plumb around. Because of the wind I choose to fish down wind to the right and found the margin very shallow which continued for at least a metre out from the bank. I did have a few fish attack the plummet - hopefully good news. I had also set up a 4x12 to fish 4mm expander over micro at top-set plus two, also set up the Ronnie rig but thought it wouldn't work very well because of the wind. I started by feeding the long line with a small amount of micro but started in the margin without any feed to see if they rather have paste instead of plummet. I had plenty of liners and managed two quick Carp before it went quiet. Fed the margin with one pot of micro and tried the long line with expander. Some more liners and plenty of fizz but nothing to strike at, so decided to try the Ronnie rig with maggot over maggot and as expected the wind was too much for it - rig two abandoned along with any hopes of Silvers.The margin it was to be then for the rest of the match. I'm blowed if I didn't  get a 11/2 lb Perch on the paste. The upshot by light feeding hard 4's over the top of the potted micro I had a steady match catching some decent Carp to 10 lb. I was expecting a good last hour but that stayed steady also, so nothing manic which can happen at this venue. The wind helped this peg today, it was noticeable that once it subsided I couldn't get a bite.

My 23 Carp weighed 113 lb 14 oz and my few Silvers 1 lb 14 oz (mostly Perch) for a third overall total of 115 lb 12 oz. Certainly would have settled for that at the start.

The match was won by Mark Walsh (pictured upper right) with 164 lb 10 oz from peg 5. Mark caught in his LH margin fish corn over corn. Well done matey.

The Silvers was won once again by Incognito (pictured right) with 42 lb 3 oz from peg 12. Eddy caught on 6 mm hard pellet over potted 4's. feeding about three pints throughout.

Result:



















Weigh Sheets:




No comments: