Friday 20 July 2018

Thursday 19/07/2018 - Harescombe Cosy Cutter - Match Lake

Back to Harecombe with Geoff Francis and one of Andy,s Breakfast. Not sure whether it's a Cafe, a tackle shop, a bring and buy shop, Charity shop, book shop, but settled on Steptoes shed. I helped Andy out buying a book. I did enjoy the breakfast.

The talk was to be on the far side, I've not been over there for a while and it wasn't to be today, drawing instead in my usual area peg 13. As can be seen from the picture the far bank piles are collapsing, so no far bank shallows for me.

Only two rigs - a 4x12 Winter and a 4x10 Speedy. Bait tray - Micro, 6mm meat and corn. I Plumbed the Speedy rig at top-set to my left margin and the same rig at same depth at top-set plus two and a bit to the right. The left for meat and the right for corn. Started on the Winter at top-set plus two out in front with meat over meat and micro. As per usual I catch an F1 first drop in followed by a few flying Skimmers. Again as usual the swim died. After a big feed it was into the LH margin with meat after a couple of Skimmers Roach and F1's I was absolutely pestered by Gudgeon. So out again on the Winter which produced some flying Skimmers and one more F1 on the meat. Swapped to the RH with corn and after a slow start I caught F1's and the odd Skimmer steady to the end. However, The last twenty minutes was a tad frustrating due to losing a few foul hookers due to more F1's arriving. Each time the result was a rig tangled which happened three times slowing things down.

My Skimmers weighed 11 lb 1 oz and mt F1's 49 lb for fourth overall 60 lb 1 oz and last in the coin.

My Bib and Brace has suffered a slime out over the last few matches - see picture upper right. Time to throw out and buy new me thinks.

The match was won by Ian Sutton (pictured right) with 72 lb 5 oz from peg 23. Ian caught mostly in his margins using banded 6 mm pellet over lose fed hard 4's. Nice to see he caught conventionally on the pole - no Methodist.

As can be seen it was again a close match.

Geoff Francis drew peg 1 and spent most of the day on the phone to his estate agent fingers crossed he has sold his house. So a better excuse for a beer on the way back home.

Result:

1. Ian Sutton 72-05-0 peg 23
2. Brian Dix 70-07-0 peg 15
3. Phil Auger 61-03-0 peg 19
4. Mike Nicholls 60-01-0 peg 13

Weigh Sheet:

















No comments: