Monday 16 July 2018

Sunday 15/07/2018 - Tony Rixon's Short Pole League - Round Two - Chiltern Trinity - Woodlands

Bela chose to have breakfast at Shipham, which was OK. Arrived at the fishery and had a look around the Lake which showed plenty signs of feeding Carp especially at the near end. At the moment I am going through a run of drawing at the far end. I was hoping this would end. Alas not, drew peg 19 again. Found myself sandwiched between Philanderer  Mike West and Lucky to be married Gordon Cannings. Both their pegs not as good as mine, but not by much. At least I should know what to do on this peg, plus I would be in the very welcome shade for most of the match.

What wind there was was blowing into this end and was to get stronger as the day progressed. For these pegs to fish for Carp the wind needs to be the other way, unusual I know but that's my experience. From my peg I could more or less see everyone - my view pictured top right.

I knew pegs 17 and 15 would be favourite to win the section so the only way to pick up coin would be the Silvers. So the Ronnie rig was set-up as was a paste rig as standby in case of unwanted intruders. So it was caster over caster for the whole match catching Ronnies and small Hybrids. Only once did the swim go quiet which was soon sorted first put in with paste and a very angry 7 lb Carp went in the net. Then back on the Silvers. It would have been the same hook all day had it not for a stealth Carp taking a single caster and breaking the hook length.

My one Carp weighed 7 lb 1 oz and my 400 odd of Silvers 28 lb 7 oz for that important Silvers win. But only just, beating Vic Bush's Skimmers catch by 1 lb 4 oz. my net of fish pictured upper right. I hope the Hybrids keep growing as the Carp have.

Mike Wst had a Carp first put in then struggled for the rest of the match. Gordon took three hours to get his first fish, adding only one more!

The match was won by Glenn "Two Pots" Bailey (pictured right with his catch and below us together) with 116 lb 9 oz from peg 31. Glenn caught at the full permitted length using Paste over soaked 4's. Glenn fed about two pints throughout the match.

Finally Bela has put a one Metre exclusion zone around his van - you have been warned!

Full Result:



Weigh Sheets:



































No comments: