Wednesday 30 September 2015

Wednesday 30/09/2015 - Amalgamation Summer League - Round Seven - Sedges Fishery - Tile Lake

It was my turn to drive picking up Glenn earlier this morning for an early 09:15vdraw. First stop Hilltops cafĂ© where the talk was about Bristol Rovers win last night away to Hartlepool – up the GAS.

In to the draw post box and out comes peg 21, which is far side corner peg. This peg has won plenty of matches with Carp this term mainly on the method cast to the point on the end bank. Not for me though. However, it’s also not a fancied Silvers peg which is what I really wanted to fish for – bugger. I set up two Ronnie rigs one short the other long, a 2x16 Jolly to fish 6 inches up the inside shelf in front at top set distance which was a top set depth, finally a 0.3 PC paste float to fish ay 11.5 metres along the end bank.

The weather was glorious although a bit too bright for the Silvers to feed, that said the brisk nippy wind was gusting into me at 11 0 clock which was going to make presentation difficult, but hopefully provide some cover.

Two Saturdays ago I fell on my left shoulder which has been painful for sometime, but has gradually eased. However, today I slipped and stop myself falling by falling on my left hand which set the arm off again, making it difficult to fish long. – Bugger.

I started by feeding the 4x16 Jolly line with some clumped wetted micro and with a semi-hard on the hook I had five small Skimmers in as many put ins. It then died probably due to a maraudering Carp. I had been loose feeding caster down wind to aid presentation, so had a go on the short Ronnie rig with single caster and had a couple of small Ronnie’s I then I hooked a decent Tench, only to have it beat for the hook to ping out. Next put-in another Tench (I think) must get this one out – bugger it snagged me breaking the line well above the hook length – Ugh. The swim became difficult catching the odd Ronnie. I re-fed the long line with more pellet. Back on the Jolly this time double caster over caster and I hooked and landed a 8lb Common Carp – Not what I was expecting – later I foul hooked a Carp which herald the end of this line. Back on the Ronnie’s adding a few more, but they weren’t playing hard enough making it difficult. My arm was aching so stretched the legs only to find that the pegs on our side were fishing hard. I went back and had ago for the Carp on the paste long. The arm was OK shipping out but painful lifting and dragging back. The issue I had was the wind was so strong that it was blowing the float into the end bank whilst the strong under tow was dragging the paste down into the deeper water. The upshot was I struggled for Silvers and Carp giving them both 50% of my time catching two more Carp on the paste foul hooking another four.

My Silvers weighed 4lb 8oz and my three Carp 17lb for a total of 21lb 8oz.

On hindsight I should have fished for Silvers more as it only took 6lb to pick up coin – O if only I had landed those Tench … I also should have fished the paste down the bottom of the shelf over to the end bank as I think there were too many uneven stones and bricks in the shallow margin – next time – perhaps.

The match was won by Glenn Bailey (pictured right with some of his catch) with 71lb 9oz from peg 35. Glenn caught using Two Pots and paste at 13 metres.

The Silvers was won by John Barker (pictured right) with 9lb 11oz of Roach and small Skimmers fishing at 7 metres.

Full Result:

  1. Glenn Bailey 71-09-0 peg 35
  2. Pete Greenslade 49-12-0 peg 40
  3. M Bellringer 49-06-0 peg 39
  4. Steve Jefferies 45-06-0 peg 28
  5. Bob Price 43-01-0 peg 38
  6. Paul Haines  31-11-0 peg 37
Top Silvers:

  1. John Barker 9-11-0 peg 25
  2. John Osborne 6-11-0 peg 29
  3. Alan Jones 6-10-0 peg 32
Weigh Sheets:






No comments: