Wednesday 2 September 2015

Wednesday 02/09/2015 - Amalgamation Summer League - Round Six - Tile Lake

The Banksey Dismaland exhibition appears to have gone from satire to irony. Apparently the organisers have been confiscating fibre pens and spray cans because some have been putting graffiti on Banksey’s sculptures!!

On my own today because Two Pots has buggered off to Spain until the weekend, so had a few of the league members - kids back to school then! I still stopped in Hill Tops for breakie. When I left home the temperature was 8 degrees by time I got to the cafe it was 15 degrees. Autumn is here I think.

I had warm welcome from Denise and Jamie with the usual offer of a cuppa. In to the draw post box and out comes peg 26 – middle of the far bank.

Jamie has done some work reducing the Sedges in the margins along each side of the peg making it possible to get in close to the bank. For company on next peg I had Silvers angler John Barker.

My mission was to win the Silvers so I set up the Ronnie rig for caster over caster and a 4x16 jolly to fish just up the inside shelf at 4 metres with caster or worm over GB with a smidgen of chopped worm, caster and micro.

On the whistle I fed two big balls of GB at 4 metres and started to feed caster down my LH side for the Ronnie’s. Starting on a piece of worm I had a small Ronnie on the drop followed by an 8 oz Skimmer, and then I was pestered by the Ronnie’s. Perhaps I didn’t give the line long enough but abandoned it anyway mostly due to lack of confidence in catching Skimmers. On to the Ronnie rig and it was one a bung from ½ oz to 4 oz. I spent the majority of the match switching around the peg from LH side to out in front to keep the bites coming.

With 1 ¼ hours to go to the end of the match I foul hooked a Carp on single caster which quickly broke the hook length. A few minutes for re-tie and I had a decent Skimmer about 2lb which took my weight Silvers weight to 22lb 6oz I knew this because next put-in I hooked a Carp which broke the hook so the rig went up the bank. I got the double two top-set out with blue Middy bungee and attached a 0.3 gram PC paste float. I started to loose feed the semi-hard 4’s I had prepared earlier down the LH margin. On to the top set with paste and what happened next was amazing. I hooked 16 Carp losing 2. The last one landed on the whistle weighed 14lb 3oz. Thanks to John Barker I didn't have to walk back to the hut to get another keep net as he kindly gave me his second net that he hadn't any use for.

The 14 Carp weighed 115lb 3oz when added to my Silvers winning weight took me to a second overall weight with 137lb 9oz.

John barker pictured upper right with his catch of Ronnie’s did run me close with his second in the Silvers weight of 18lb 3oz.

The match was won by Mark Bellringer (pictured right) with 160lb 4oz from in form peg 21. Mark caught his Carp on the method feeder fished long, along the end bank using hard pellet.

Full Result:

  1. Mark Bellringer 160-04-0 mpeg 21
  2. Mike Nicholls 137-09-0 peg 26
  3. Steve Jefferies 114-14-0 peg 38
  4. Alan Jones 93-12-0 peg 40
  5. Dave Bacon 59-02-0 peg 37
  6. Bill Ferris 47-09-0 peg 35
Top Silvers:

  1. Mike Nicholls 22-06-0 peg 26
  2. John Barker 18-13-0 peg 25
  3. Ray Bazeley 11-02- 0 peg 28
Weigh Sheet:


No comments: