Sunday 25 May 2014

Sunday 25/05/2014 - KP Series Round Five - Acorn Fishery - Paddocks

Bela deputised for Glenn Bailey today who was inebriated from yesterdays Bristol Rugby hospitality. It must have been worth while missing the match as he was in flyer section B.

The breakfast was OK Bela gorged it as usual. The weather has made a changed for the worse with the temperature dropping, rain all day Saturday and the bloody winds blowing as usual on this venue the fishing was going to be hard for 75% of the anglers.

I was in C section which I think is most unfair, as if you aren’t on the two bridge pegs then you are fishing for third in the section. Into the draw box and out comes peg 25 – Not happy with this as it’s next to the peg I struggled on last time in this section, plus it was the peg the wind was hitting first – bugger at least I wasn’t on peg 23.

I set up exactly the same as the last match and fished it he same – well nearly!!

Starting on the half hard 4mm pellet over hard 4’s at 5 metres I had a 8ox Skimmers first dob, followed by a few smaller versions. I then fouls hooked a Carp which I landed. I was kindering some 4’s with every put in and s blow started over it so out went the paste and a Carp first try. Out again then another Carp. The swim then completely died.

I tried the margin where I had been feeding caster and hooked a Perch on the caster rig which party company on the way to the net. That was it for the two margin lines to the down wind RH side.

In desperation I broke with tradition and went 11.5 metres over to the far side down the second shelf and had three more Carp and some more Skimmers. After two hours I couldn’t get a bite from anywhere – crap.

So I went for a walk around the venue and as expected there were plenty of fish coming from B section where Bela had drawn peg 40. I watched him for 5 minutes during which he missed 20 bites before foul hooking a small carp which didn’t reach his net. That said he did pick up with a section and overall third. That’s moved Glenn up the league.

 Back to my peg and it wasn’t until the last 30 minutes that I had another Carp and a Skimmer – bloody wind.

My six Carp went 22lb 14oz and my few accidental Silvers 3lb 10oz for a total of 26lb 8oz for 5 section points.

I am away for the last match in A section and I am not disappointed.That said Dave Wride has agreed to stand in for me.

The match was won by Kevin Lloyd (pictured right with the Silvers winner) from peg 7 with 90lb 12oz. Kevin caught on various baits with corn being the most productive fished over various feeds – GB, micro and pellet.

The Silvers was won by Paul Faiers with 24lb2oz from peg 5 (waste of a good Carp peg). Paul caught Skimmers on his top set plus one with caster hook bait over caster feed. Paul fed 2 pints through out the match.

Full Result:

  1. Kevin Lloyd 90-12-0 peg 7
  2. Pete Bartlett 82-12-0 peg 12
  3. Bela Bakos 67-12-0 peg 40
  4. Lewis Jones 62-08-0 peg 22
  5. R. Fogg 62-08-0 peg 6
  6. Andy France 54-0-0 peg 1 
Top Silvers:

  1. Paul Faiers 24-02-0 peg 5
  2. Eddie Wynne 15-06-0 peg 9
  3. Chris Fox 15-06-0 peg 10
Weigh Sheets:



























2 comments:

Chris Fox said...

" was in C section which I think is most unfair, as if you aren’t on the two bridge pegs then you are fishing for third in the section."

Mike, I think Paul has done the best he can given the numbers on the lake, with the sections being pretty even, I doubt it could have been pegged any fairer.

Your assumption that the bridge pegs dominate the section hasn't actually been fact.

Peg 21 has had: 8, 5, 5 7 and 9 points.

Peg 22 has had: 2,9,2,4,and 10 points, so only one match from 5 have the bridge pegs been 1st and 2nd in section.

Silverfox Match Angling said...

I agree that Paul has done the best he could with the pegging, no complaints there. Disagree with your other comments,because you have not taken in to account the quality of angler. Two good anglers on them this week.