Sunday 8 December 2013

Sunday 08/12/2013 - Westerleigh Winter League - Round Two - Old and New Lakes

After another cold Breakfast it was a long wait for the draw as we were delayed waiting for the Shipp family.
 
First in to the draw box and out comes Death peg 35!! Last match Brian Shanks had 5oz from it!
 
Arriving at the peg I couldn’t believe what I saw, from bank to bank I could see the leaves on the bottom (pictured upper right - all of he picture I could see the bottom). Plumbing up I managed to find 3 foot down to the left at 11.5 metres (surely it would have been better to have put the next peg in – bloody armchair pegger’s – we all now have to see out the league with this)! For company I had Darren North (pictured right - he's there somewhere) opposite on peg 21, which also had 5oz from the peg last match!
 
I set up just the one rig a 4x12 Jolly with a 22 - 808 hook. After plumbing around I really only found the one place to I felt comfortable to fish which was with a white tip float against a very narrow black reflection from a tree trunk. However, wherever I fished it was going to be hard to see the float
 
I started by cupping in a half a dozen Pinkies and with Pinkie on the hook I had a bite first put in but didn’t make contact. I took another 15 minutes before I put my first fish in the nest a ½ ox Perch. The upshot was in between a couple of walks I managed to put 14 fish in the net for a grand total of 7oz all caught on single red Pinkie over Pinkie and some dry GB for last bur one on the Lake.
 
The match was won by Simon Belcham (pictured right with his five Carp) with 18lb 5oz from peg 14. Simon caught at 11.5 meters over to the opposite Willow on double red maggot fished over maggot and wetted micro.
 
The Silvers was won by Brian Shanks (pictured lower right) with 8lb 3oz from peg 3. Brian caught at 13 metres using either soft pellet or red maggot over GB laced with wetted micro.
 
Full Result:
 
  1. Simon Belcham 18-05-0 Peg 14
  2. Brian Shanks 11-10-0 peg 3
  3. Martin McMahon 10-05-0 peg 8
  4. Martin Alexander 7-13-0 peg 10
  5. Phil Harding 07-0-0 peg 7
  6. Dave Downton 6-03-0 peg 22
Top Silvers:
 
  1. Brian Shanks 8-03-0 peg 3
  2. Martin Alexander 06-01-0 peg 10 
  3. Martin McMahon 06-01-0 peg 8
Weigh Sheet:
 
 

2 comments:

Mike Jones said...

mercantileYou didn't moan enough to drew the fish into peg

Silverfox Match Angling said...

I must say I tried all the tricks to catch fish including intense moaning - none of it worked as well as last Thursday!!