Wednesday 4 August 2010

Wednesday 04/08/2010 - Viaduct Open - Pole Only

So Wiltshire Police are to close down their Camera Partnership and sack the lot by October 2010 - Great news. This partnership in conjunction with the CPA abuse the law in respect of not adhering to the ACPO SPEED ENFORCEMENT GUIDELINES. In addition the CPS bully motorist in to a guilty plea under the threat of costs of up to £4,000 – bloody good riddance I say – Hoping for some cuts to impact the CPS.

Isn’t it amazing, the Government can track a cloned cow all across the UK on to a dinner plate, yet can find 1,000,000 illegal immigrants!!


The paste has been working well on this venue (as on most venues at present). So my bait bag was full of it. I pulled peg 111 on Campbell. As you do, I asked other anglers about expectations and the first three anglers I consulted were very negative. I didn’t ask anyone else as I thought it was a reasonable draw (to be honest most pegs are). Charlie Barns arrives on peg 112 – the golden peg so another roll over then! I like Charlie, as do most anglers, however, he be a bit distracting at times – Look at what I had to put up with all day (pictured top right of a Kawasaki 750cc bike rack - one for the CPS I think). Nonetheless he gave me a lesson in Silverfish fishing today with his GB and corn attack – it amazes me how he avoided the Carp. I set up three paste rigs one for the RH margin, one for five metres and the last for 11.5 metres. Firstly I fed the 5 metre line then the 11.5 metre line, loose feeding the margin. I started at 5 metres and had a Tench first put in followed by a Skimmer on the next. Then the Carp showed up foul hooking and loosing two Carp. U then had a run of Carp to 8lb until it dried up. So I re-fed and because of the high gusting winds decided to have a quick look in the margin. It is very simple to tell if there are Carp present because as soon as you drop in the paste it is straight away attacked by Motherless Minnows then the all scatter across the surface, then a Carp is on the hook. I had one Tench a four small Carp before the scattering stopped. So out at 11.5 metres and after a few Skimmers decent Carp I re-fed and came back on the 5 metre line and had a couple of Skimmers and three carp to 8lb. This was how the match progressed until the last half hour and in to the margin and I had six more Carp losing one on the whistle. My Silvers weighed in at 15lb 8oz and my fifteen Carp 90lb 14oz making a total of 106lb 6oz for seventh in the Silvers, fourth in the section and fifteenth overall!!! What a match.


The match was won by Miles Levy (pictured right with some of his catch) with 199lb 05oz from peg 76 on Carey. Miles spent the early part of the match fishing hard pellet and it wasn’t until he switched to paste that he started to put decent Carp to 15lb in his net.

The Silvers was won by Dan (Dude) Squires from peg 124 with 73lb 13oz of all Skimmers. Dan fished corn over 4mm hard pellet in the LH margin feeding only one pint – nice to hear.

Runner up in the Silvers was Charlie Barns (pictured right looking surprised - not as surprised as me) with 43lb 10oz from peg 112. Well done matey.

Full Result:

1. Miles Levy 199-05-0 peg 76
2. Alex Murray 195-04-0 peg 131
3. Lee Werrett 172-04-0 peg 85
4. Josh Garrett 171-15-0 peg 129
5. Andy Power 170-15-0 peg 123
6. Andy Neal 170-02-0 peg 88
7. ……
15. Mike Nicholls 106-06-0 peg 111

Top Silvers:

1. Dan Squires 73-13-0 peg 124
2. Charlie Barns 43-10-0 peg 112 (Golden Peg)

No comments: