Wednesday 15 April 2009

Wednesday 15/04/2009 - Carps AC - Tan House Farm

There is normally a closed season on this water but Carps managed to book it, so it hadn’t been fished since the 15 March. I thought the water looked more coloured than usual. I drew peg 6 which was the last peg in the first field before the woods. I thought it to be a reasonable draw. I set up a 4x16 rig that was plumbed to eleven feet at both 11.5 metres and 10 metres. I decided to use a 14 hook as I planned to use either 6mm expander or chopped worm hook bait. I also set up a 4metre whip for the Ronnies. I cupped in 250ml of micro pellet on the 11.5 metre line and the same quantity of CW&C (a messy business) on the 10 metre line. I started on the whip and caster, but didn’t have a bite and as Tom Thick on the next peg was catching 3oz Skimmers on double maggot, so I went out on the worm. This resulted in about 6 lb of decent Skimmers and Hybrids. This dried up and I did my usual CW&C feed it to death trick. Out on the pellet and a steady flow of Skimmers over the next 2 hours resulted. I then had a Bream and then the swim started to slowly die. Should I re-feed or not? Of course I re-fed the same amount, which brought the Skimmers back for another hour, after which the peg slowed right up and I was left catching the odd 3oz Skimmer. With one hour to go I tried the caster and whip and managed about 3lb of quality Ronnies. I weighed 26lb 1oz of Silvers for third overall and first in the Silvers and a pick up of £45.


The match was won by Chris Davis (pictured right) on peg 13 with 13 Carp I'm not superstitious, but this may be why Chris broke a number 6 section) for 76lb 10oz. Chris caught at full depth (11 foot) at seventeen metres, Chris used 10mm hard pellet hook bait fished over 8mm hard pellet feed.

Full Result:

1. Chris Davis 76-10-0 peg 13

2. Steve Jefferies 30-09-0 peg 9
3. Mike Nicholls 26-01-0 peg 6
4. Pete Sivell 25-0-0 peg 7
5. Tom Thick 19-0-0 peg 5
6. Andy Curry 14-01-0 peg 2

Top Silvers:

1. Mike Nicholls 26-01-0 peg 6

2. Pete Sivell 25-0-0 peg 7 (all quality Roach)

1 comment:

Fishingken said...

Chris always breaks his pole. Great angler if not a little clumsy.