Saturday 11 April 2009

An Irish Match Remembered

In my blog - reference "The Early Years" - "Sunday 28/09/1969 - Angling Times South West Winter League - Limpley Stoke to Barton Farm". I published the photograph of the City of Bristol Team (published again beneath for reference - also suggest revisiting the above blog for more details) that had won through to the Angling Times Winter League Final in Ireland I posed the question "Can you recognise them today"? In response I received the following letter from one of the team members - Malcolm Murfet (single click each page in turn to make them readable):















I thoroughly enjoyed the letter, as I too have many fond memories of the team fishing. For me it is about "sharing" with each team member come success or failure.

Malcolm Murfet is pictured left (left smiling) presenting a Silstar rod to a junior angler who was seriously injured by high voltage electricity discharged through his Carbon Pole.

Malcolm also mentions Charlie Jones (pictured left - the caption on the back of the photograph reads "Our Charlie in action"), Charlie was one of the unsung greats of river float fishing.


No comments: