Saturday 1 January 2022

Year End Report - 2021

Covid Lockdown from mid December 2020 to April 2021!

April - 2021 - Roy Garland Bristol Evening Post Sports Journalist passed away. As far as I know this is the only picture of him fully armed with camera on the bank. Not a good start to 2021!

1 April 2021: Shiplate - Main Lake: First "official" match back after lockdown. The weather conditions were awful with a cold NW wind. Drew peg 9 so would be sat facing it all day, I was bloody freezing come the end, but did win the silvers with 34 lb.

25 April 2021 : Shiplate - Hawthorne's and Westpool: A rose between to very large thorns. Tom Thick winning Westpool and Matt Culpin winning Hawthorne's with his blaster caster approach witch left everyone standing. I did my usual fishing for the silver which I won from Hawthorne's.

18 May 2021: Acorn - Paddocks: The tree amigo's top three on the day. Yes they are holding up the winner. Great day especially the part in the Prince of Waterloo. Very memorable day with great friends.

6 June 2021: Westerleigh Winter League: The last match of this very hard league - both due to the high standard of anglers and the hard fishing. I did enjoy this league. To me its in between a venue close to fishing natural venues. Doing it again this year. I came join first on points second on weight to my pairs partner Martin McMahon.

12-17 June 2021 - Viaductors Holiday: There may be trouble ahead! I always managed to sneak off before the serious drinking began - Noisy buggers. Great week once again with Junior taking most of our money.







We had an away day to Todber - Homeground and with Martin " Boris" Rayet so far having a torrid time drew peg 90, so game over, he did have a slow worrying start, but came good to win the match with 384 lb. As there was no silvers pool then this was the place to get your best weight of the year, which I did with second place 275 lb.

18 July 2021: Tony Rixon's Float Only - Sedges - Brick and Tile: My highest silvers weight of the year from Tile Lake peg 29 with 43 lb 8 oz. I must say I was surprised to catch this many silvers from the peg especially when both sides were bagging carp with me only having one accidental. 

5 August 2021 Rays Rip Off's - Windmill - Match Lake: Pictured Dave "Willy" Willmott and Dave "Diddly Bonk" Haines. Willy clearing up regularly in the overall and Diddly the silvers. Well done to both of them. Both slowing in the winter though.

26 August 2021: Huntstrete - Bridge Pool: Bridge Pool is a difficult venue to get to understand with all the pegs different, which of course if the attraction for me. Chris Ollis pictured with his silvers winning catch of 28 lb 10 oz of skimmers proves there are plenty to catch if you can avoid the F1's.

11 September 2021: Dave Crookes Memorial Match at Huntstrete - Bridge Pool: Really pleased to win this match as Dave was a good friend of mine, we both worked at Airbus and use to meet up regularly in the café for a chat. Paul Barnfield won the silvers as he does regularly using copious amounts of worm and micro, certainty got this worked out.

10 October 2021: Windmill - Match Lake: Boris with his new posh stainless steel trolley. He went on to win the match with 147 lb from peg 25. I was next to him winning the silvers.

16/11/2021: Acorn - Paddocks: Dave Wride match winner pictured with the silvers winner, he really has this venue sorted during the winter winning again today with 111 lb 11 oz doubling the next weight! He catches on the pole in the water - seen him doing it so I know its true.

02/12/2021: BAA Over 55's and short walks - Hunstrete - Bridge Pool: Just say its a privilege to fish (and drink) with this motley crew. The match was won by Cliff and the silvers as usual by Barny.

Thanks to the following unpaid match organisers for running the various matches I fish: (with one of them taking home most of the winnings).


























My Match Data 2010 - 2021:




No comments: