Sunday 14 November 2021

Sunday 14/11/2021 - Windmill Open - Match Lake

BLIMEY Rocky Road is no more - now nearly smooth - well done to those that worked on it, lets hope it lasts through he winter.

Walked around and once again the lake looked dower with loads of colour. Steve Salter was walking round and caught up with him. Found out he's Mandy's Brother.

I was hoping for a peg I could fish the waggler and the draw bag gave me one with peg 17 in the gap. For company I had Dave Poole and his long whips. Every time I have fished the waggler and maggot in the gap I have caught carp. So it was the first to be erected. The short and long Ronnie rigs were also set up and roosted.

All the lines were fed - the Ronnie lines with GB laced with LP's and the waggler line with live mixed coloured maggots (LMCM's).

Started on the long rig with single live white and second cast had a 2 lb Skimmer- good start. Had a couple of Perch and Ronnie's before the wind made the presentation too quick and difficult, so tried the short rig and nothing - no indications. This rig was retired to the roost. I was itching to try the waggler, which was a mistake as it turned out. I thrashed the wag and mag for hours expecting to catch some carp, in stead caught a few Ronnie's and Perch, not what I was expecting. The anglers opposite were also struggling. With an hour to go and no carp thought I should try and pick up in the silvers, so set up a 4x14 Winter Titan to fish top set plus two barrels and fed some GB laced with Pinkie. I got frustrated with this as I got an indication every put in - either bumping tiny fish or loosing them due to their size to elastic ratio. So changed the top set to a 6 elastic and found exactly the same problem. I did have a couple of small skimmers. With the wind dropping and 15 minutes to go I switched back to the long Ronnie rig over loose fed LMCM's and had a run of Ronnie's.

Not a sign of a carp but weighed 6 lb 10 oz of silvers for a second pick up. For some reason this side of the lake is fishing extremely hard.

The match was won by "Any Peg" Palmer (pictured with the silvers winner) with 45 lb 4 oz from end peg 10. Leighton initially caught at 16 metres slapping 8mm pellet down his edge putting 5 carp in his net. He had 2 on the method and late on he added two more on the meat at 7 metes. Well done Matey.

The silvers was won by Dave Haines from the same peg he won the silvers from on Thursday, but his time 1 once less, weighing 14 lb 13 oz from peg 8. Well done Matey. 

Result:

1. Leighton Palmer 45-04-0 peg 10

2. Bob Warren 30-09-0 peg 22

3. Steve Upton 21-11-0 peg 4

Silvers:

1. Dave Haines 14-13-0 peg 8

2. Mike Nicholls 6-10-0 peg 17

Weigh Sheet:



No comments: