Wednesday 2 September 2020

Tuesday 01/09/2020 - Acorn Cost Cutter - Paddocks

Today young Antony Piekielniak went over by 10 oz on a Silvers net and got the net disqualified. Rules are rules and if applied to one person they must be applied to all. However, the rules (pictured) has some leeway wrt the Carp weights, which is sensible and perhaps the Silvers should have a margin too? Anyway well done Anthony.

Peg 22 certainly fished better without peg 23 being in, which isn't surprising as they are really very close, basically anglers poles could be one metre away - a bridge apart.

I had my usual walk around and fancied pegs 27 and 6. However, it doesn't seem to matter where you draw at this fishery. Mike drew me peg 25 - nearly peg 27, which was occupied by matey Kev Collins MSc. On the other side on peg 23 cloth ears Rod Dufferty.

The set up was the one 0.3 gram paste float and a 4x10 Speedy to fish maggot down the edge. I started on the paste and soon relised the Carp were being their scatty self's probably due to the amount of matches fished here recently. So switched to a single LR over kinder LR's and started to catch small Carp and half tidy Ronnie's. So decided to set up the Ronnie rig and had a hour catching Ronnie's and the odd Carp. After 90 minutes I had about 28 lb and decided to try for some Skimmers by knocking up some GB and first try caught a Carp. So Maggot abandoned for the paste and had a further three hours where I put 100 lb in the net. I put my brand new fifth net in with 45 minutes to go and really expected to put 50 lb in it, but only managed to put three as I had a really bad last knockings. I think the fish just went off the feed. Kev took the picture right of me playing a Carp - thanks matey.


My Silvers weighed 8 lb 6 oz and my Carp 149 lb 12 oz for a second overall weight of 158 lb 13 oz.

The match was won by Junior (pictured right with the default Silvers winner) with 180 lb from peg 6. Junior caught on paste from his margins.

The Silvers was won by Eddie Wynne with 49 lb of Tench from his usual peg 40. Eddie caught using his hard pellet approach up to the bridge stanchion.

Well done to both.

Stopped in the Pub with the usual suspects on what was a beautiful early autumn evening.

Result:



Weigh Sheets:














No comments: