Friday 28 February 2020

Thursday 27/02/2020 - Tony Rixons Silvers Only - Plantation Main Lake

First I have to apologise to Tony Rixon and Kevin Winston for the remarks I made about their body masses recently. I stated that their joint weights was 40 stone. Sorry, in fact it is a lowly 39 stone - unlike me to over estimate.

It looks like the third weekend I will be in self isolation. Hope it doesn't last as the Special One will be finding jobs to do around the house.

Travelled with Two-Pots-Corona (man flu) today, breakfast at the bridge Inn was OK, just too much food for a regular breakfast. By time we finished the rain had stopped with the day turning into a bright wind free day - at last. Kev Winstone sat in a tee shirt all day!

Sixteen fishing today with Matt Tomes putting in a welcome appearance.

Into the draw landing net and out comes peg 13 which is permanent peg 8. I had drawn this peg two matches ago and said that then it was a winning peg had I not had an issue with a Carp near the end. I found myself sandwiched between the the Bath pair Paul Barnfield and Chris Ollis - so good company.

Even though at the last match I had been battered by 12 Carp I felt no change of approach was needed. Except I decide not fish expander and micro thinking it responsible for attracting Carp. So it was GB laced with pinkie and caster. Just two rigs - the Ronnie and a 4x12 to fish at top-set plus three barrels. I started by feeding one small nuget of GB on the Ronnie rig line with single LR on the hook and had a great start in the first 45 minutes I had put 10 lb in the net. This included two big Skimmers and a couple of Hybrids, topping up the feed three times. This line went quiet so fed the long line with a similar amount of GB with the same fillings. I had another run, this time smaller Skimmers and Ronnie's. I was beginning to think a placing was on the cards when I hooked my first Carp. As an experiment I opened another long line at four barrels with just caster in the GB but resulted further Carp. I had wetted some micro so fed the lot off to the left as far as I could in the hope that this would attract the Carp away from my feed - it didn't. I did have one of the better Bream and some more Ronnies on the initial long line by feeding loose GB. In the last 30 minutes I came back on the Ronnie line which had been loose fed throughout with caster and had three Carp in three put ins. I did have some more Ronnies on this including one nearing a pound which did me under some old wooden staging to my right - fair play to it.

Well another match winning peg buggered up by Carp. I hooked 13 from peg 13. Chris Ollis asked if I was suspicious - indeed I am. I weighed 22 lb 8 oz for 7th overall in what was once again a very tight frame, with one more decent Skimmer taking me to 4th. I won't know if its what and how I feed that attracts the Carp until I draw what appears to be a Carp free area such as pegs 3,4 and 5.

The match was won by Dave Willmott (pictured right - nice Tesla hat - where's the car?) with 38 lb from peg 28. Dave caught on his usual method of blasting copious amounts of casters at 13 metres and fish single caster on the drop.
.
Result:

1. Dave Willmott 38-0-0 peg 28
2. Tony Rixon 35-03-0 peg 5
3. Paul Faiers 26-15-0 peg 4

Weigh Sheet:



No comments: