Thursday 24 October 2019

Thursday 24/10/2019 - Bathampton AA - Over 55's and Short Walks - Bridge Pool

Great to have Dave Gillard back among the Dodgers (pictured right), and two stone lighter - I'm guessing  not for long. Geoff and I arrived in plenty of time for our walk around the Lake. I have to say it's the clearest I have ever seen it, I put it down to the amount of Siltex that gets put in every year. Geoff said he didn't fancy any of the pegs. I fancied pegs 17, 21 or 24. I came back from the walk with my fishing mind now in winter mode.

Last into the draw bag and one away from peg 24 which went to organiser Ken Morgan, peg 31 was left for me!! So three times on 30 now peg 31 - the Silver fishing has not been good all year down this end, however, I did have two empty pegs below me which can only be positive.

I set up a Ronnie rig but due to the clarity of the water close in I didn't really expect this to work and did only account for a 1 oz Perch. The other rig was a 4x16 Winter Titan which I chose to fish at 10 metres out in front. I have found some more hard 4's which I can soak to a reasonable hookable standard so choose to fish these over a smidgen of micro. The upshot was I caught 4 oz Skimmers steady for half the match, after which I switched to LR's over GB - all on the same line. First try I had a 2 lb Carp, but it kept the odd small Skimmers coming until the end. I did foul hook a few better ones which wanted to sit above the feed and would only take a moving bait. I did have some of the Skimmers we transferred from the Main Lake which was good to see they are already settled and feeding.

My single Carp weighed in at 2 lb 1 oz and my Silvers catch weighed 14 lb or second in the Silvers happy with this especially from this peg. i might have got it nearly right today.

The match was one by Tony Rixon (pictured right with the Silvers winner) who has decided to return to the Brambles now the Pensioners paste is unlikely to be working with 36 lb 6 oz from peg 19. Tony caught on ....see his blog for the finite details.

The Silvers was won by Ken Morgan (pictured right with his catch) with 16 lb 14 oz from peg 24. Ken caught on worm over chopped worm and caster.

John Smith aka Cliff was setting up his waggler which on first cast came off and caused a lot of amusement whilst being blown around various pegs. That was until Tony Rixon landed it and broke it to pieces and handed it back to Cliff - pictured right not happy.

Result:

1. Tony Rixon 36-05-0 peg 19
2. Harry Muir 35-10-0 peg 11
3. Steve Dawson 34-09-0 peg 27
4. John Fry 33-11-0 peg 10

Silvers:

1. Ken Morgan 16-13-0 peg 24
2. Mike Nicholls 14-0-0 peg 31
3. Paul Barnfield 11-06-0 peg 21
4. Hughie Evans 9-09-0 peg 8

Weigh Sheets:
















No comments: