Friday 22 March 2019

Thursday 21/03/2019 - Bathampton AA - Club Match - Sections Only - Bridge Pool

First stop for Geoff and me was the usual Hungry Horaces for another decent breakfast. Geoff commented on how light the traffic was travelling to the venue - lack of temporary traffic lights I think.

We arrived in plenty of time for me to have my traditional walk around the Lake. The Brown colour had started to fall out especially down the far end. I must say I did fancy peg 3 today as it would have plenty of room. What was most noticeable for once in many days - NO HIGH WINDS.

Eighteen fishing today so two pegs to be pulled - 19 and 4 were chosen - peg 3 looking even better.

Last but two into the draw bag and out comes disc 6. Happy with this especially as Withy Pool was closed so the road behind would be quiet. For company I had Curly Jones on peg 7 and Dave Poole on peg 5. Peg 6 is one of the easiest peg for rig selection - just the one 4x16 Winter Titan to fish top-set plus four out in front. I also set up the waggler in case.

Started by feeding a nub of GB with loose micros and with a 4 mm expander on the hook had a 1 lb Skimmer first put in, followed by four more - blimey didn't expect this but always worry when this happens as you can end up sitting for the next four hours without a bite. Luckily this didn't happened but it was obviously going to slow. I steadily kept a few Skimmers coming and a couple of Tench. With two hours to go it really slowed so switch the same line to Pinkie in GB with loose fed over the top. Whilst this settled I had a go on the waggler towards the end on the island with single LR on the hook over loose fed same and had an F1 first cast. I had two more of these before I lost three munters that decided they would go round the end of the island. Waggler abandoned. Back on the pole with double Pinkie and caught the odd Skimmer, Ronnie and a decent Perch. The swim was starting to come alive again just before the all out. I now wish I hadn't given the Waggler a try.


I finished with 24 lb 4 oz of Silvers and a total of 27 lb 11 oz for a Section win. I thoroughly enjoyed today especially the bit about the no high winds. me pictured right with todays catch.

The highest Silvers weight went to the Enigma (pictured upper right with his catch) from peg 15 with 28 lb 12 oz. Steve caught very similar to myself except he switched to maggot, just lose feeding and switch lines going further out to thirteen metres finding the up-shelf which kept Roach and Skimmers coming. Well done matey.

Geoff Francis also won his section so it was double bubble car today and a good turn out at the pub afterwards.

This was the end of the winter series which was to say the least interesting. Thanks to Dave Gillard for running this series. The Coffin Dodgers starts up next Thursday but this year being jointly run by Dave Gillard (07948 522403) and Ken Morgan.
  
Result:

A Section - Mike Nicholls 24-04-0 peg 6
A Section - John Fry 22-07-0 peg 3

B Section - Steve Dawson 28-12-0 peg 15
B Section - Ray Bazeley 30-12-0 peg 14

C Section - Dave Wride 25-0-0 peg 18
C Section - John Smith 27-08-0 peg 16

D Section - Geoff Francis 7-14-0 peg 27/26
D Section - Ken Morgan 7-08-0 peg 30


Knock Outs:

Tony Rixon
Mike Nicholls (Also rans)
Pictured right with runner ups.

Weigh Sheets: (Tony Rixon's tantrum pencil)





















No comments: