Tuesday 26 February 2019

Tuesday 26/02/2019 - Bitterwell Silvers Only

Another good turnout of 18 anglers, including matey Graham Beever (pictured right) who is never short of a story or two. Today it was his banana. Graham had written a note not to forget his bait in the fridge on his banana - it didn't work!!

It was to be another very sunny day and a UK record for February. So I didn't want a draw on the car park bank as the sun would be a nightmare. So I was very happy to draw peg 13 - unlucky for some. Peg 13 is an end peg next to the power cables, so one neighbour John Merchant.

I set up a light waggler and a 4x12 Winter Titan both with 0.1 GLine to a 20 - 808. It was easy shipping back as there is a large hole in the hedge so choose to fish the pole at 11.5 metres.

I expected to catch some Skimmers from this peg, so started by putting a heavy and a loose ball of GB laced with Pinkie. I started to catch tiny Ronnies which lasted about hour before it dried up I had been kindering a top-up, So tried loose feeding which didn't work, so tried the waggler over this line and had some more bites from even smaller Ronnies missing most of them because I doubt if they had the hook in their mouths. It was fishing very hard - no wind and very bright sunshine so shouldn't be surprised.

I was glad when the dinner bell was sounded. A cup of tea and bangers and chips greeted us - all consumed and back in the saddle. Behind me all day there has been a group of women shouting and laughing, apparently it's a dog training school. Don't they relised dogs got better hearing than humans.

Well things didn't get any better if fact I thought it impossible for things to get worse, they did! I kept switching between the pole and the waggler to catch the odd 1/2 oz Ronnie. I was glad to hear the all-out.

I weighed 2 lb 41/2 oz for midway.

The match was won by Colin Butler (pictured right with his catch) with 5 lb 12 1/2 oz from peg 2. Colin caught on the pole using expander over micro, with most of his fish coming in the first half of the match. This corner was the place to draw today I think the fish have moved here because it's an area that has the least sunshine.

It's a great venue for discipline. I do enjoy these matches with great company. 

Result:

1. Colin Butler 5-12-08 peg 2
2. Norman Ferris 5-3-08- peg 25
3. Andy Gard 5-01-0 peg 32
4. Graham Beevor 4-12-0 peg 4

Weigh Sheet:




No comments: