Sunday 16 September 2018

Sunday 16/09/2018 - Windmill Fishery - Carp Lake

With no Bela, Geoff or Glenn I was on my own this weekend so decided to stay local. I heard they were having a no peg fee match at Windmill to transfer the 2 - 3 lb Carp from  the Carp Lake to the Match Lake so decided this would be my best option. I did expect a decent turn out for this one, so it was disappointing to only have 10 anglers. Plenty of room then. Met Brad and his wife Laura the new Windmill Management. Brad on the scales and Laura on the weigh sheet - pictured right.

Geoff and I were out for a pint yesterday and discussed todays peging Geoff thought peg 10 would be good and me peg 23. We were both wrong. However, I did draw peg 10. For company I had John "Standing Man" Osbourne on peg 8 and opposite Dave "The Moan" Willmott opposite on peg 23 - pictured right sulking.

With no Silvers payout the rigs were simple today - one paste rig and one 4x10 soft pellet rig both to fish at top-set plus three. The Lake is very shallow and thought myself lucky to have nearly 3 foot. I started on the paste over wetted 4's and had a reasonable first half hour catch small Carp to 3 lb. From then on to the hour mark it gradually got worse and worse, but did add a 8 lb Carp to the net, but was finally forced on to the 4mm expander fished over wetted micro. Although I had plenty of Carp on this I only had one over 4 oz! third hour I couldn't get a bite anywhere an either of my choice of baits. So out of desperation I mixed up some GB and fished the expander over it and had some more small Carp and six small Skimmers. My only choice left was to fish 13 metres over to the end of the island with paste. At this point "The Moan" did a FOE saying I would be one out of the money today! I had a frustrating last hour catching six more 2 - 3  lb Carp but found I was getting liners and foul hooking as many as I caught, the wind wasn't helping matters. I was glad when the match came to an end.


I proved Dave Willmott wrong by coming 4th and last in the coin with 41 lb 8 oz.

The match was won by Mark Summerhayes (pictured right) with 100 lb 6 oz from peg 18. Mark caught all his fish on paste at 8 metres either down his margin or out in front. He caught over pellet or GB.

Result:

1. Mark Summerhayes 100-06-0 peg 18
2. Gerry Walsh 84-02-0 peg 6
3. Mark Haskins 61-10-0 peg 4
4. Mike Nicholls 41-08-0 peg 10

Approximately 400 lb of 2-3 lb Carp were safely transferred into the Match Lake. This Lake will now be converted back to a Carp Lake. So yes Dave Willmott you won't have to fish it again!

Weigh Sheet:















No comments: