Monday 6 November 2017

Sunday 05/11/2017 - Todber Manor Autumn Pairs - Round Three - Ash, Home Ground and Hill View

I thought we would spend half my pension on a Little Chef breakfast which would allow us to travel the quicker route to the venue. Seven hungry Anglers were there on the published opening time of 07:00 only to find it closed, after a lot of door rattling we were told it couldn’t open due to staff shortage. So we were forced to eat some strange plastic looking food next door in Subway – what a strange place I wonder what an American would make of this place.Apparently Kout Food Group has sold its Little Chef roadside portfolio to Euro Garages, a roadside retail company operating brands such as Starbucks, Subway and Greggs. So why am I now not surprised it wasn’t open. Martin Rayet asked if he could have a 2 foot subway roll, the Chef (sorry Microwaver) said he could have 3 foot but needed to book in advance. At least I've got some pension money left for the rest of the week.

No frost up north but one greeted us in Sunny Dorset. Forecast was for sunshine with the wind picking up midday.

My section today was A the low numbers on Hill View. Everyone wanted to avoid the low numbers. In to the draw tub and out comes peg 45. Very happy with it as its got plenty of form plus the wind would be blowing off my back at 1-o-clock. However, there was a down side the sun was directly in my eyes. I set up the usual rigs for the venue as the plan was to fish at top-set plus three to the right of the glistening sun until I was blinded then either switch to the Ronnie rig with caster to my left or hop over the sun glitter.

I started on the 4mm expander over kindered expander and micro. For the next hour I caught small Carp steady until I lost sight of the float in the glitter even though I had the Polaroid’s on. I reckon it would take an hour or so for the sun to move on so on to the Ronnie rig and caster and couldn’t believe that I couldn’t get a bite, switched to the maggot rig, nothing. Blimey better get back out long. So I hopped the Glitter adding another section fishing the same as previous but it took me a hour to pulled the fish back into the new swim. In the meantime the wind had picked up considerably, but at least the rig was doing a good job going against it. However, the downside was once the fish arrived I was towing into them and foul hooking. After some float adjustments I started to settle down again catching small Carp steady again. I missed a bite and not realising I had fouled a Ghost Carp about 5lb which tail walked then again, I was surprised after this that I was still attached to it - in the tail. Unfortunately the fish out lasted my patience bending the hook free near the bank. I lost another Carp of about 6lb which I disgorged with the landing net and found myself playing with myself! First time I’ve done this one.

I weighed 57lb 4oz which included 2lb of tiny Tench. Not one Ronnie today! This gave me section second. Bela drew peg 85 on HG and did well from ther managing to beat both sides.

Hillview Lake as a whole was won by Alan Oram (pictured right) with 72lb 9oz from peg 52. Alan fished something strange called a Bandum Waffter on a pellet method – method.

The match was won by Andy Lloyd from fancied peg 75 on Ash Lake with 114lb 8oz. Not sure how he caught because the weigh in took so long that I couldn’t find anyone in the darkness! Need more scales this time of year one set per section would be good!

Full Result:

  1. Andy Lloyd 114-08-0 peg 75
  2. Andy Power 106-0-0 peg 74
  3. Alex Murry 84-0-0 peg 69
  4. Bob Gullick 74-0-0 peg 88
  5. Alan Oram 72-09-0 peg 52
  6. Ken Rayner 72-06-0 peg 58
Weigh Sheets:










































No comments: