Sunday 30 July 2017

Saturday 29/07/2017 - South Gloucestershire Show Sponsored - All In Match - Windmill Fishery - Match Lake

Busy weekend with the South Gloucestershire show sponsored two dayer at the Windmill Fishery. Saturday was an all in weight match and Sunday Silvers only.

I arranged to meet Podge and Glenn at Hungry Horace’s. Unfortunately, although Podge recommended the meeting placed he wandered off to some other CafĂ©! Worrying.

Into the draw box and out comes peg 6. I have usually done well from here, so thought it would be OK. Meat seems to be the bait for Carp and Skimmers at the moment, so set up a 4x14 winter to fish at top-set plus three and a 4x10 Yoof for the down wind LH margin both for meat. As a fall back, I also set up two Paste rigs to fish over the meat lines if things didn’t work out. First put in over some kindered 6mm meat and with 8mm on the hook I landed my first Carp – good start!! Well NO, after trying allsorts I just couldn’t catch another Carp which was the same for most of the anglers along this far bank.

Conscious of the Silvers match the next day I decided to have a little practice, so at the start of the last hour I set up a Silvers rig and experimented with various baits and feed. I found this worth while and although I only had 3lb 12oz of Silvers I found that the small Ronnie’s were the most willing on maggot over GB. So that was the plan for tomorrow worked out!

I weighed 8lb 15oz beating 4 others all on our bank. It would be an understatement to say that it fished hard.

All the top weights came from the near bank pegs with the match being won by Glenn Bailey (pictured right) with 93lb 4oz from peg 21. Glenn caught on paste over soaked 4’s fished at 13 metres into the open water between the two islands. Glenn fed about 3 pints. Glenn picked up £300 and a free entry into next weeks show. That takes Glenn’s weekly match earnings to £600 as he was third in the Bob Sheppard’s three Dayer at Viaduct. Well done matey. UTP (paste).

With Podge also picking up it was back to the pub where I remained round free!!

Full Result:

  1. Glenn Bailey 93-04-0 peg 21
  2. Keith Builder 90-07-0 peg 24
  3. Sean Wilson 80-10-0 peg 26
  4. Scott Comboy 65-09-0 peg 27
  5. Mark “Podge” Jefferies  62-03-0 peg 30
  6. Phil Weaver 58-09-0 peg 17
Weigh Sheet:





No comments: