Sunday 27 November 2016

Sunday 27/11/206 - Viaduct Silvers League - Round Five - Lodge, Carey and Campbell Lakes

First stop Shipham cafĂ©, where Bela goes I go. However, I’m not that enthusiastic about the breakfast. That said Mr and Mrs were there as were plenty of other anglers fishing various matches around the area.

Des Shipp pushed in the queue and ended up one behind me and said I would draw peg 68 (I wish), into the coffee tin and out comes peg 132 a bloody corner peg in shallow water, noooo, second worse peg on the venue (the worse peg I think is next peg 131) and although I was in the top ten overall, this draw herald the end of me of any chance of picking up any overall monies. And guess what Des went in to the coffee tin and pulls peg 68. Can you believe this, I was sure it would be wasted on him!

For the third consequative match I found myself next to Bela who was on dreaded peg 131, the man’s a bloody jinx.

Just a few things worth a mention today, at the start of the match and mainly due to the shallow water I was bumping tiny Ronnie’s which broke the surface on the strike, so I switched to the softest lacy I had, and though this worked for the Ronnie’s it caused me to lose three better Perch due to the lacy not stiff enough to set the hook. I think this cost me two places in the section. I fished the pole all day switching between two dinner plates – one at 7 metres and the other at 9 metres. Both lines I fished with single Pinkie over small balls of GB with loose Pinkie. Surprisingly I only snared four Carp as this end of the Lake was black with them. I was playing a small Ronnie and lost it when the elastic sudden shot out which I assumed was a predator. Matey Adrian Jeffery gave me some much talked about prawns which out of courtesy I tried over some casters I had fed, apparently five minutes wasn’t long enough, but that’s all I could muster.

The upshot was I finished on 3lb exactly which only beat peg 131 – Trev. That said I think I was satisfied with the performance and who knows what I would have had if I landed all my fish.

The match was won by Sam Powell (pictured right) with 19lb 4oz from Lodge peg 59. Sam caught at 14.5 metres using Squatt hook bait fished over GB laced with Squatt.

Full Result:

  1. Sam Powell 19-04-0 peg 59
  2. Glenn Calvert 16-12-0 peg 115
  3. Desmond Shipp 15-13-0 peg 68
  4. R Eagle 15-09-0 peg 124
  5. Stu White 15-03-0 peg 86
  6. Dick Bull 14-14-0 peg 100
Weigh Sheets:








































No comments: