Saturday 17 October 2015

Saturday 17/10/2015 - Viaduct Silvers Only - All Winners Final - Campbell, Carey and Lodge Lakes

I breakfasted at home and had a steady drive to the venue on my own.

Interesting enough there were more fishing the Silvers final than fished the Carp final with 44 in the field.

I was first into the coffee tin and out comes peg 100. Two years ago it would have been the peg to draw. As usually happens on this time of year the fish move well out from the bank and margins. Nonetheless I still set up the Ronnie rig and a 4 metre whip which would take me out further for the Ronnie’s. I set up a 4x12 Jolly with the shot set for the semi-hard pellet and a 4x14 Jolly to fish long with a double bulk shot.

I fed two balls of GB at 10 metres and another two at 11.5 metres all laced with a smidgen of maggot and caster. I then followed up at 7 metre with wetted micro for the pellet hook rig. I first started on the Ronnie rig with single caster over loose fed caster. I had one first put in, and that was it other than a few small indications. So out on the pellet rig and nothing, I put a single dead red on and started to hook small Ronnie’s most of which were falling off.

I then went out on the 10 metre line with double dead red and what followed was very frustrating I was again hooking small Skimmers quite quickly only for then to come off. I thought it might be the elastic so changed it to a lighter one, but to no avail. I reckon in the first two hours I lost 4lb of fish. I then hooked a Carp which I pulled for a break. New hook length then. I subsequently switched to the 11.5 metre line and had two good Skimmers to 2lb, looking up – not. The upshot I kept switching between the two lines catching the odd small Skimmer and Ronnie.

With 1 ½ hour to go I had fizz over both lines and broke on 4 more Carp, after which I made a pact with myself, another lost hook length and I pack up. I didn’t although I landed a 14lb Common and a 10lb Mirror before the all out!!
 
I thought Gabe next door on peg 99 would frame so was hoping that my 12lb 4oz might be enough for a default section, alas not Trigger on the end peg beat me by 2lb.

The match was won by Mark Saunders (pictured right) with 35lb 1oz from Campbell peg 112. Mark caught short at 5 metres using caster hook bait over GB.

Gabe (pictured below centre with his partner) next door to me was runner up with 32lb 6oz of Skimmers. I must say he fished a really good match fishing expander pellet over neat GB. Well done matey I was dead impressed.


Full Result:

  1. Mark Saunders 35-01-0 peg 112
  2. Gabe 32-06-0 peg 99
  3. Steve Denmead 29-01-0 peg 129
  4. Andy Power 28-11-0 peg 68
  5. Steve Tucker 26-04-0 peg 110
  6. Paul Elmes 26-03-0 peg 78
Weigh Sheet:
















No comments: